British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spiegal

Danish League 2017

It seems an added attraction for tonights meeting is the appearance of legendary Brazilian footballer Jairzinho !!! Weather looks good,so i will be setting off for Holsted later :party:

Just as well it`s free entry as I`m sure you would have thought twice about going if it wasn`t :lol:

• Like 1

August 2nd holsted v Fjelsted live on Danish TV also 4th August Danish final live on TV

Will there be links, what channel is it usually on?

I'm almost scared to ask but I have checked the tv thread :)

Will there be links, what channel is it usually on?

I'm almost scared to ask but I have checked the tv thread :)

It`s live on TV2 sport - sadly streams from Danish TV are not normally available( or I can find) I will have a look at 5.30pm UK time. there is a chap who posts the Danish league matches on you tube fairly smartish - so we should be able to see at some stage. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGd0elrJj9PxiRkL3pB4AeA

You didn't miss much.Very much from the gate.A couple of good heats and that was it really.

Disappointed in Bjarne after reading how aggresive he was last night.Impressed with Frederik Jakobsen.Think it might be the first time i have seen him live since he won the YGT.In fact probably the first time i have seen Sam Jensen,Jeppesen and Thaysen since YGT appearances

Made a thing about Jensen being the new U21 champ with a presentation before the meeting.Was quite impressed with the club feel to it all.Plenty of Holsted stuff on sale and plenty wearing it.Nice little Holsted fan group and same with Fjelsted with flags and smoke signals adding to the atmosphere,which is relatively new.I don't remember much on my previous visits

Edited by iris123

It`s live on TV2 sport - sadly streams from Danish TV are not normally available( or I can find) I will have a look at 5.30pm UK time. there is a chap who posts the Danish league matches on you tube fairly smartish - so we should be able to see at some stage. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGd0elrJj9PxiRkL3pB4AeA

Video of Holsted v Fjelsted last night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj_H__JNeP0

Anyone able to give a quick overview of the rules in Denmark?

Watched this meeting and quite enjoyed it.

Very odd race format with 5 man teams. Bjarne took a joker (green helmet) at one point and still got double points even though he didn't beat an opponent.

Buczkowski and Bjarne then both appeared to take a conventional tac sub ride later on and appeared in heats they weren't programmed in.

Also Rasmus Jensen appeared in both of the last two heats.

Any help with TS rules and nominations for heats 13 and 14 would be appreciated.

Teams for wednesday,and looks to me as if Holsted are a good bit weaker again.Not worth me travelling up for this when i have to pay to get in :P

ESBJERG VIKINGS
1: A: Niels-Kristian Iversen
2: C: Michael Palm Toft
3: B: Artur Czaja (PL)
4: B: Rene Bach
5: D: Kasper Andersen

HOLSTED TIGERS
1: A: Krzysztof Buczkowski (PL)
2: B: Rasmus Jensen
3: B: Bjarne Pedersen
4: C: Jonas Jeppesen
5: D: Sam Jensen

Google translation of article today on the league website

The Metal Speedway League was hit on Wednesday evening by rain, as exposed matches in Grindsted and Fjelsted. GSK Liga-Esbjerg Vikings is run Thursday at. 18 next week, and it is also expected that Team Fjelsted Region Varde Elitesport will be run next week.
Rain in large numbers exposed Wednesday's two of the three scheduled matches in the Metal Speedway League, and in Holsted it was only a great performance of the trackers who ensured that you could drive 11 heat and score Holsted Tigers as winners of the match against Holstebro Elite With 45-39.
Both in Grindsted and Fjelsted the weather wonders would be different, so that the matches GSK Liga-Esbjerg Vikings and Team Fjelsted-Region Varde Elitesport both had to be exposed. In Grindsted there will be Thursday, 7 September at. 18 while awaiting a new date in Fjelsted. It will be posted on the Metal Speedway Leagues facebook and website.
There is a lot of excitement about the five remaining matches in the basic series. The Slangerup Speedway Club is directly qualified for the DM final, which they also hosted on Wednesday, September 20th, but there is a hard fight for the second direct final spot, while the teams placed 3-6 are out in a ghost demi, where the two best Goes on. GSK League must beat Esbjerg with 18 points, in order to have a chance to go past Holstebro at the last semi-final. If you can not get 2's, it's attractive to stay 3, because you get home in the semi-finals. Everything will be settled next week.
The semi-finals will take place on Friday, September 15th and the DM final in Slangerup on Wednesday, September 20th.
POSITION IN METAL SPEEDWAY LEAGUE
1 Slangerup Speedway Club, 11 matches, 22 points
2 Region Varde Elitesport, 10 games, 16 points
3 Team Fjelsted, 10 matches, 14 points
4 Holsted Tigers, 11 matches, 13 points
5 Esbjerg Vikings, 10 Matches, 12 points
6 Holstebro Elite, 11 matches, 8 points
7 GSK League, 11 matches, 5 points

Holstebro qualified themselves for the semi after a drama tonight where they just beat Region Varde with 43-42.

Holstebro Elite slog for lidt siden Region Varde Elitesport på udebane. 43-42 vandt gæsterne, som vandt sidste heat 5-1 med Kasper Lykke Nielsen som heatvinder og Kenneth Bjerre bag sig til at lukke af.
Dermed vendte Holstebro 40-41 før sidste heat til sejr 43-42. Med de to matchpoint er Holstebro Elite sikret semifinalepladsen efter en forrygende eftersommer, og GSK Liga kan nu ikke længere fravriste Holstebro semifinalen.
Fantastisk triumf for holdleder Erik Villadsen og klubben.Region Varde kan stadig selv afgøre tingene og køre sig direkte i finalen, som køres 20. september.

https://www.facebook.com/metalspeedwayleague/photos/a.1380115475348330.1073741826.113869148639642/1935297689830103/?type=3&theater

Edited by Ghostwalker