Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
HagueyUK

Watch The Gb Young Lions Training Camp Footage

All of the footage taken over the three day GB Young Lions training camp is available to watch by clicking the link below. More footage will be added over the next few days.

https://www.speedwayportal.com/gb-young-lions-speedway-menu

PLEASE NOTE : This footage was taken for the benefit of the riders, training staff and management to review their riding on track, to remember the instructions given throughout the week from the trainers and to help with their media training. Although it has not been edited as a public production, we hope it conveys how hard everyone worked together over the three days, shows how successful the 2017 camp was and how bright the British Youth Speedway future is.
  • Like 2

Great stuff.

Is it my eyes or are there a few lumps and bumps on that track which could do with being bladed out?

Hi Gordon, yes there was a few dips and bumps on the track the first day. However, all the riders and families I spoke to said they enjoyed riding the track and was complimentary towards it, so must look worse than it was to ride etc.

What I can say is that on Day 2 whilst the riders were having their off track training, Team Warrior worked tirelessly on the track all day, even battling a down poor of torrential rain half way through the day so that it would be top for the riders on day 3. Again, the comments on day 3 were that they liked it on Day 1, but it was even better on Day 3. So you can be the judge of that once the footage for day 3 is uploaded.

Many thanks,

Andy

• Like 1

GB Young Lions Camp Make It On TV!

The GB Young Lions training camp made the TV news last Thursday on the That's Solent TV channel.

Originally aired on the 6pm news, it repeated throughout the night until the following midday. Nearly 4 minutes of footage and interviews was contained in the report.

For anyone who missed it, and for more footage from day 1 and 2 of the camp, click the link below.

Many thanks to That's Solent TV for running the piece.

Great stuff.

Is it my eyes or are there a few lumps and bumps on that track which could do with being bladed out?

Going into the third bend, a definite Yes.