British Speedway Forum
Noodles

Mcn Festival Of Speed

Apologies if this has been covered else where. I was just listening to the radio and an advert came on for the MCN Festival of Speed at Peterborough 13-14 May.

In the advert it states speedway will be one of the attractions.

Surprised by this, anyone know anything more?

We've run a flattrack meeting there the past two years with a British Championship round plus a Transatlantic Challenge with a star American topping the bill, Colin Edwards last year and Kevin Schwantz the previous one.

Perhaps they are running some Speedway races alongside, always seemed crazy to me that they don't have the sport on show.

We've run a flattrack meeting there the past two years with a British Championship round plus a Transatlantic Challenge with a star American topping the bill, Colin Edwards last year and Kevin Schwantz the previous one.

Perhaps they are running some Speedway races alongside, always seemed crazy to me that they don't have the sport on show.

They cancelled Glasgow's visit there 5 days before I was due to travel there , 2 years ago , had to cancel my hotel and make alternative arrangements , ended up at Scunthorpe v Rye House instead . So the MCN show is a bloody nuisance to speedway .

They should race a speedway bike against a flattracker to show the superior speed of a speedway bike

Yeah then they could race a rally car against an f1 car as they are two different sports as well

An ad for it.... http://www.mcnfestival.com/ Newcastle are there on the Saturday.

This was for years the BMF rally (British Motorcycle Federation) in its heyday it attracted 80,000 over the weekend, for various reasons a couple of years ago MCN step-in & took the date over!

Most years that the BMF ran the event it featured a vintage speedway demonstration which worked very successfully.

This was for years the BMF rally (British Motorcycle Federation) in its heyday it attracted 80,000 over the weekend, for various reasons a couple of years ago MCN step-in & took the date over!

Most years that the BMF ran the event it featured a vintage speedway demonstration which worked very successfully.

Would this have been 'The Men In Black" with riders including Terry Stone and Stu Towner?

Would this have been 'The Men In Black" with riders including Terry Stone and Stu Towner?

.................. and Ted Ede on occasions.