Wolves

Lynn

Rye House

Belle Vue

Coventry

Swindon

Somerset

Leicester

I'm not so sure. I think all of those riders have had very strong play off performances in the past. If they come together at the right time, and the reserves do their bit, they'll be right up there in my opinion.

Nicholls was very average last year in the league and play offs, Kennett is usually a huge chocker in the big meetings/heats. Harris I grant you steps it up for the big occasions.

I just don't rate them as highly as others for those reasons.

• Like 1

I rate Rye House as a team who will be in contention and are capable of creating a few upsets. They should be a force at home where their advantage should enable them to beat most teams. However. although on paper they appear strong, each of the top four are not renown for consistent scoring at the highest level... It is for this reason I can't rate them as high as others who have stronger heat leaders and reserves. If they make the Play-off I feel there weaknesses will be exploited.

My play-off predictions are KL; Poole and Wolves (not necessarily in that order) with the last place up for grabs for the team who steps upto the mark......

• Like 1

My biggest doubt is Poole. History suggests they will of course be up there, but my big fear lies with Jack, Brady and James.

I don't think you should be expecting anything at all from Shanes, if he scores the odd point here and there he will have done his job. He is in essence the sacrificial lamb named at number seven to complete what is really a six man side built with what should be an extremely strong first reserve.

Considering the relative experience of the other number sevens anything he scores will be a bonus.

• Like 1

I don't think you should be expecting anything at all from Shanes, if he scores the odd point here and there he will have done his job. He is in essence the sacrificial lamb named at number seven to complete what is really a six man side built with what should be an extremely strong first reserve.

Considering the relative experience of the other number sevens anything he scores will be a bonus.

In my opinion I would expect Shanes to be a match for half the named number 7's and the odd number 6.

Really? You rate him higher than me in that case. He's the only reserve without PL experience. He'll take points of others at Poole once dialled in but if he maintains his starting average he'll have done well.

seen shanes on the grass several times and he is one helluva of motorcyclist,but this season is massive jump for him,once hes sorted a quick engine for wimborne rd he will get a few pts,will get great support at home from the fans.(good to see matt developing young british talent)

• Like 1

The great thing is no-one can really tell, all sides have teams that have riders who could make or break it and then it is down to who comes in to replace them... Poole obviously have a history (apart from last season) of getting this right. The weakened league opens up more opportunities for usually weaker riders to do well.

Looking at it objectively, Wolves are my favourites but which Skornicki will they get - the one who became No.1 for Birmingham or someone who is now past it. The reserves obviously look fairly weak, a lot will depend on Max and Kyle Howarth needs to perform.

Poole have a potentially hit or miss heat leader and a weak second string but if they step up..

Kings Lynn have the frustrating Troy Batchelor and a half decent albeit limited second string.

Swindon, need Doyle so badly to perform to his maximum every meeting... very weak in my opinion.

Rye House.... Harris aside, the others are potentially going to be great one week and shocking the next.

Coventry look poor in my opinion....but in Josh Bates have a few points at reserve.

Leicester ...anything can happen with the team they have...

Belle Vue remain an unknown quantity, but could be up there.....

Somerset need a miracle to avoid the wooden spoon in my opinion but track may catch a few away riders out...

and before anyone starts on me... these are simply my opinions.... if i am wrong I will hold my hands up..... I'm not the sort of person to get embroiled in a slanging match, twit-for-tats arguments or petty squabbles..... I have my opinion and you guys can have yours which I will in turn respect....

I am going for a top two of Poole and Wolves and the other two to come from Belle Vue, Rye House and Kings Lynn..

• Like 2

In my opinion I would expect Shanes to be a match for half the named number 7's and the odd number 6.

With no protected heats, he will need to be a match for the top 5 as well

James Shanes although a trier and entertainer is a poor gater and in my opinion is the weakest number 7 in the league.

Bates and Ayres are certainly better.

So to are Zach and Greaves.

I would say Perks, Graversen and Bailey are better to but not by much.

As for him beating the odd number 6 no chance apart maybe from Grondal, the others are ahead of him.

Lebedevs , Huchenbeck and Sarjeant are very good number 6's

That said i hope the lad does well

Really? You rate him higher than me in that case. He's the only reserve without PL experience. He'll take points of others at Poole once dialled in but if he maintains his starting average he'll have done well.

i agree. The other reserves are better in my opinion

The great thing is no-one can really tell, all sides have teams that have riders who could make or break it and then it is down to who comes in to replace them... Poole obviously have a history (apart from last season) of getting this right. The weakened league opens up more opportunities for usually weaker riders to do well.

Looking at it objectively, Wolves are my favourites but which Skornicki will they get - the one who became No.1 for Birmingham or someone who is now past it. The reserves obviously look fairly weak, a lot will depend on Max and Kyle Howarth needs to perform.

Poole have a potentially hit or miss heat leader and a weak second string but if they step up..

Kings Lynn have the frustrating Troy Batchelor and a half decent albeit limited second string.

Swindon, need Doyle so badly to perform to his maximum every meeting... very weak in my opinion.

Rye House.... Harris aside, the others are potentially going to be great one week and shocking the next.

Coventry look poor in my opinion....but in Josh Bates have a few points at reserve.

Leicester ...anything can happen with the team they have...

Belle Vue remain an unknown quantity, but could be up there.....

Somerset need a miracle to avoid the wooden spoon in my opinion but track may catch a few away riders out...

and before anyone starts on me... these are simply my opinions.... if i am wrong I will hold my hands up..... I'm not the sort of person to get embroiled in a slanging match, twit-for-tats arguments or petty squabbles..... I have my opinion and you guys can have yours which I will in turn respect....

I am going for a top two of Poole and Wolves and the other two to come from Belle Vue, Rye House and Kings Lynn..

I think the opposite. Poole have a weakish top 3 but their second strings look the best in the league to me

Edited by Gavan

Kings Lynn

Poole

Wolves

Rye House

Coventry

Belle Vue

Leicester

Swindon

Somerset

James Shanes although a trier and entertainer is a poor gater and in my opinion is the weakest number 7 in the league.

I'd say Greaves was personally although not a great amount in it.

Shanes finished with the higher NL average 8.53, Greaves 8.36. Ellis Perks lower however on 8.25.