British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Your 2017 Table Prediction

I loathe the fact I think Poole & Wolves will make the play-offs, but I do. Wolves went cheap on their team building, being lazy after last years success. The Poole top two are far from their peak & inconsistent but have an abundance of experience, Andersen even has a personality which helps in the pits. I imagine the Spirit at Rye House will be phenomenal in the pits but there are just no gaters in the team & I dread to think what will happen to them at the bigger tracks - Saddlebow Rd, Blunsden & NSS. Maybe even the OTA. Except for Saddlebow Rd, I'd suspect Wolves & Poole will pick up points.

I think there is allot of potential in the teams Leicester & Kings Lynn, if everyone is on their game I think they'll do OK.

Somerset I'm sad to say have no heatleader that can win the crucial heats 13 & 15, which isn't good. Tactical rides, also rely on having a rider that can win a heat.

It is very difficult to judge since I know very little about any of the #7's, I am assuming all will score 3 at home, 1 away. If there is a stand out #7 amongst them, that could make a difference.

I hate the way Coventry have constructed their team. They have gone down the route of no 0's on the scorecard, but Serjeant will touch the tapes at least 10 times a season. Garrity is capable of throwing points away stupidly, are either Bjerre fully fit.

Play-offs - Kings Lynn, Poole, Wolves.

Play-offs possibles - Leicester, Rye House, Belle Vue, Coventry.

Meh - Swindon, Somerset.

• Like 1

I can't remember a year where so many people had the same opinion on who the top four will be. I wonder if it will prove to be so clear cut?

KL look the best to me and although obviously in the minority looking at this thread, I really like the look of Coventry.

Not sure about Rye. Would have said it was the best of the lot 5 years ago but it's got a dads army look to me with too many nowhere near the level they were a few years ago and only likely to decline further rather than improve.

KL look the best to me and although obviously in the minority looking at this thread, I really like the look of Coventry.

Not sure about Rye. Would have said it was the best of the lot 5 years ago but it's got a dads army look to me with too many nowhere near the level they were a few years ago and only likely to decline further rather than improve.

The side COVENTRY have assembled would surely be in the reckoning for the Play-offs had they be riding at BRANDON. As it is, using the Leicester track as a temporary base is all very well but as soon as fans can see nothing is happening at their iconic home then the interest will diminish. Unless their supporters can see light at the end of the tunnel then they will not continue with their extra expense, time and effort to support the Bees on a full time basis.

It is imperative that the Brandon situation is sorted QUICKLY, else it will be yet another club fallen by the way side..... For that reason, I don't see them lasting the season out...

• Like 1

My guess would be (not in any particular order):

Top 4: Rye House, Wolves, Poole + one of the next group

Middle group (vying for the last spot): Belle Vue, Swindon, Kings Lynn, Coventry,

Wooden spoon contenders: Leicester, Somerset

The side COVENTRY have assembled would surely be in the reckoning for the Play-offs had they be riding at BRANDON. As it is, using the Leicester track as a temporary base is all very well but as soon as fans can see nothing is happening at their iconic home then the interest will diminish. Unless their supporters can see light at the end of the tunnel then they will not continue with their extra expense, time and effort to support the Bees on a full time basis.

It is imperative that the Brandon situation is sorted QUICKLY, else it will be yet another club fallen by the way side..... For that reason, I don't see them lasting the season out...

I put Coventry outside of the play offs for similar reasons, the uncertainty will be difficult for all although I think we do have a chance of making top 4. If we complete the season obviously.

A Coventry side that contains ex Leicester riders Garrity, Lasse, Kerr, Bates and Sarjeant. Plus I imagine it being a track that suit Kenneth and Danny King is OK there. There more of a Leicester feel to this Coventry team than a Coventry one with Bjerre, Bjerre and Kerr being new riders! Garrity for a start is much better at Leicester than Brandon and thats as an away rider.

A Coventry side that contains ex Leicester riders Garrity, Lasse, Kerr, Bates and Sarjeant. Plus I imagine it being a track that suit Kenneth and Danny King is OK there. There more of a Leicester feel to this Coventry team than a Coventry one with Bjerre, Bjerre and Kerr being new riders! Garrity for a start is much better at Leicester than Brandon and thats as an away rider.

You're missing the point. My fears is not about the Coventry team's ability to ride the Leicester track, more about the financial burden that goes with it. If the promotions had troubles with the viability of racing in Coventry then the rewards from riding 40mls away will be non-existent. How long will the promoter be able to keep the ship afloat?????

The situation doesn't fill me with any optimism at all.

• Like 1

Gavan still saying poole have a weak top 3!?! I'd say KL have clearly the strongest, then a toss up between wolves and poole for the next strongest (kk/Andersen > lindgren/Thorssel buy Masters > kurtz). Probably Wolves edge it, but none of the other 6 sides come close imo.

Not a weak top 3 but not as good as Lynn, not as good as Wolves but possibly best of the rest. You have 2 of the most inconsistent riders in KK and Hans and then an ok third heat leader.

As ive said the second strings, whichever 2 they are will be strong

You on drugs no way on earth Greaves and Zach are better they are shocking cudnt score at pl level last year so how can you say there better you're living on cloud cuckoo land!!

No way he's the worst no7 in the league imo could well be one of the best.

Nathan Greaves isnt very good i agree and maybe Shanes could do better.

I would expect Zach to average more than Shanes.

I watched Shanes 3 times last season and he is yards behind going into the first bend.

As ive said he is great to watch as he is all action and likes to wind it on out in the dirt but he simply leaves himself so much to do.

He will struggle to get around some tracks but will no doubt thrive on Belle Vues wide open spaces and being a top grasstracker he should have no problems at Poole.

He will never in a million years average what Bates or Ayres do. He will struggle to get what Zach does and could maybe do better than Bailey

You're missing the point. My fears is not about the Coventry team's ability to ride the Leicester track, more about the financial burden that goes with it. If the promotions had troubles with the viability of racing in Coventry then the rewards from riding 40mls away will be non-existent. How long will the promoter be able to keep the ship afloat?????

Since when? :blink:

I've tried so hard to look at the Swindon team with rose tinted glasses but even doing that they really are cannon fodder unless changes are made.

If Wilson-Dean was reserve & no Grondal then it would be a struggle but it is weak, weak, weak.

I like how you have put the table upside down! :wink:

Interesting prediction tho.

Not upside down 😉 us Rebels are going to boss this league and Poole are rubbish

• Like 1

Not upside down us Rebels are going to boss this league and Poole are rubbish

:rofl:

• Like 1

Not upside down 😉 us Rebels are going to boss this league and Poole are rubbish

Lol!!! Yeah really rubbish. You are in for a shock :D
  • Like 1