British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Prediction Time

Say boxhall doesn't turn up and Compton isn't not the rider he was? Smart isn't a heat leader away from home. Andrews isn't any more than a number 2. Walker isn't any more than a reserve and Atkins is nothing special. Plymouth will be in the bottom 3

Say boxhall doesn't turn up and Compton isn't not the rider he was? Smart isn't a heat leader away from home. Andrews isn't any more than a number 2. Walker isn't any more than a reserve and Atkins is nothing special. Plymouth will be in the bottom 3

Say boxall turns up best rider in then nl.

Compton gets his enthusiasm back.

Andrews puts a point on his average with his home track knowledge.

Smarts heatleader form at home gives him confidence to kick on away from home.

Walker finds some consistancy and improves.

Atkins could prove to be a gem at reserve and at no 7 they unearth another cornish youngster in the harris/barker mould they wont be bottom. Hindsight id a wonderful thing time will tell.☺

• Like 1

I agree boxall turns up he will be number 1.

Compton will not hold his average

Smart has never travelled well

Andrews will not put a point on his average riding at 4

Walker isn't quite ready to be in the main 5

And unfortunately Atkins isn't on the same level as bickley Brennan Jenkins so I see no more than 3.5 for him

Its wide open this season it really is I don't see it as been as strong as last season well its not is it with no

clegg

morrris

ellis

Branford

Shanes

Knight

To name a few .. so I really think if any team can click and get a bit of luck they have a top 4 chance this season without doubt. Should be a interesting season and once again who has found them jems .. Speaking to a pal I know who retired last season he was saying anders rowe is a very talented lad and to look out for him

Its wide open this season it really is I don't see it as been as strong as last season well its not is it with no

clegg

morrris

ellis

Branford

Shanes

Knight

To name a few .. so I really think if any team can click and get a bit of luck they have a top 4 chance this season without doubt. Should be a interesting season and once again who has found them jems .. Speaking to a pal I know who retired last season he was saying anders rowe is a very talented lad and to look out for him

Lets hope you are right.

Brum were dominant from the off last season.

Best for League if there are a few Clubs chasing the title.

Time will tell. :D

Yes I have heard that AR is very promising,one of the reasons I think Kent will finish higher than some people expect.

Edited by AJ is King
  • Like 2

There are and plenty of possible rapid improvers in the league this season,,and i think this will be the deciding factor on how teams finish this year.so on that basis i will sit on the fence and just enjoy the racing,,,,,,,

• Like 3

In making my predictions I tried to be a bit more scientific.

To make the play offs will require a team average of at least 44pts probably 45. Last year only 3 teams achieved the 44 level mainly because Birm (52.76) Kent (47.53) and East 48.08) were so far above it. With a seemingly more balanced league this year 45 is the most likely requirement.

As teams were set up on 39 it means an improvement of 6 to make the play offs. Could also be a bit more as nobody seems to have used the full 39.

This is where the top heavy teams suffer, How can Boxall or Bowen and possibly Morley make a significant contribution to the extra needed? Adam Ellis has been the stand out rider this last two years but he could not make 11.00.

They will often have the occasional problem that drops a point or two and of course they will meet each other three tines in Heats 1,13&15 when the teams meet.

This means that the rest of the team have all got to put a point on their average and makes the more balanced teams a better bet.

• Like 1

Bewley

Payne

Shuttleworth

Smith

Bickley

Woodhall

Woodhall

• Like 1

Bewley

Payne

Shuttleworth

Smith

Bickley

Woodhall

Woodhall

Not seen anybody suggest any different to above. Seems nailed on to me.

1. Belle Vue/Coventry

2. Mildenhall

3. Eastbourne

4. Cradley

5. Birmingham

6. Kent

7. Buxton

8. Isle of Wight

9. Lakeside

10. King's Lynn

11. Stoke

12. Plymouth

Bewley

Payne

Shuttleworth

Smith

Bickley

Woodhall

Woodhall

I'm still not sure about this team.. Its ok having talented young men but here you have 2 who have a few years league riding,2 starting their 2nd year league riding & 3 first year newbys. Not sure that raw talent alone will be enough.

• Like 1