British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Prediction Time

Say boxhall doesn't turn up and Compton isn't not the rider he was? Smart isn't a heat leader away from home. Andrews isn't any more than a number 2. Walker isn't any more than a reserve and Atkins is nothing special. Plymouth will be in the bottom 3

christ that's a lot of says

I'm still not sure about this team.. Its ok having talented young men but here you have 2 who have a few years league riding,2 starting their 2nd year league riding & 3 first year newbys. Not sure that raw talent alone will be enough.

Bewley - started his first season in the PL as well as NL. Excelled in national league and more then held his own in the PL.

Payne - seemingly around for ages, good solid rider. Doubt he will pull up many trees, but doubt he will let his team down either.

Shuttleworth - Been getting gradually better over the last few seasons, know he a strong heat leader and he is still improving each time I see him.

Smith - Possibly THE big hope for the future, played a starring role in the Brum side. Despite being at reserve all year he beat many heat leaders, has an exciting style too. With solid riders above him he has the added security of not being under to much pressure.

Bickley - along with Jenkins and Brennan he is the sort after kid of 2017, good style and good family backing.

Woodall Twins - Got to be honest not seen anything of these lads but I ve heard nothing but good things

All in all I have them as clear league favorites on paper.

• Like 1

Bewley - started his first season in the PL as well as NL. Excelled in national league and more then held his own in the PL.

Payne - seemingly around for ages, good solid rider. Doubt he will pull up many trees, but doubt he will let his team down either.

Shuttleworth - Been getting gradually better over the last few seasons, know he a strong heat leader and he is still improving each time I see him.

Smith - Possibly THE big hope for the future, played a starring role in the Brum side. Despite being at reserve all year he beat many heat leaders, has an exciting style too. With solid riders above him he has the added security of not being under to much pressure.

Bickley - along with Jenkins and Brennan he is the sort after kid of 2017, good style and good family backing.

Woodall Twins - Got to be honest not seen anything of these lads but I ve heard nothing but good things

All in all I have them as clear league favorites on paper.

Got to agree with you but if the comment I read some time ago that the Woodhull twins are not riding this year because of educational reasons proves true, then something like Holt and Mellish would bring Belle Vue back in line with one or two others.

• Like 1

The woodhull twins are not capable of anything more than the rye house reserves last year they're a very long way off the likes of bickley Brennan and Jenkins they will not average more than 3 especially the unfortunate one that has to start at number 2 until Bickley's avg is higher

Andy Mellish was in attendance last night so assume if the Woodhall twins wasn't going to ride then he would be one reserve.

I'd say 1 of the Woodhall will be no8 and the twins will share a spot

• Like 1

The trick of a star reserve is being able to keep him there all season. If Bickley is up into the team after a few meetings and stays there is will reduce his scoring power. Only seen results from the Woodhulls which have been ok but not spectacular and get the feeling it could be a year too early for them.

The other big danger with this side is Bewley, Shuttleworth & Smith all doubling up and missing meetings. Theres no doubt that this is the most potential filled team but will they deliver.....

My Turn

Depending on injuries,i see this finish. / Then playoffs.

1 Cradley

2 B V / Cov

3 Kent

4 Birmingham

5 Eastbourne

6 Kings Lynn

7 Buxton

8 Mildenhall

9 Lakeside

10 I O W

11 Stoke

12 Plymouth

Playoffs

Cradley v Birmingham

B V / Cov v Kent

Birmingham v B V / Cov FINAL

As i said i think it will all go down to injuries and available guests.

Hunters and turn two Plymouth bottom are you both having a laugh,your both in La la land with that one.

And now three more have joined us making 5, there has to be a message there.

The Devils have already won, as they are running this year. This really IS a case where the taking part is more important than the outcome

• Like 5

Blimey Bluenose that really is going for it.

If it is a Brum v BV/Cov play-off final then you shall be known as Mystic Meg. :D

No way will Mildenhall finish as low as 8th, top 4 at least!!

wishful thinking?

And now three more have joined us making 5, there has to be a message there.

what is there only 5 fans on this website Plymouth will not finish bottom the two guys running it won't let that happen I promise you that,whose to say young Atkins won't be as good as the Birmingham boys were last season have you seen him ride I bet you haven't.he could be the gem of the league you don't no he won't be and I don't no he will be what I do no is that team won't finish bottom most teams coming to Plymouth the majority of there riders won't have seen a track like Plymouth for a youngster visiting for the first time it will be pretty daunting 5 people can't be wrong get real.

i am not taking umbridge with what your saying only with the bit what says we will be bottom of the league,for my twopeeneth worth I think it will be Birmingham again or belle vue if the team there talking about is true.

I am not sure if you are saying whether Belle Vue will be top or bottom. What I know is that with Bewley, Smith, Bickley and the Woodhall brothers they will be one of the most attractive and exciting young teams I have ever seen.

I think Turn Two is (almost) spot on. I differ because I was impressed with Walker last season and Atkins is better than he makes out.

However, it needs Boxall to be committed and Compton to stick to his average for Plymouth to compete and there surely has to be some question over both.

Edited by Halifaxtiger