British Speedway Forum
Guest compost

Where Would You Want To See A Speedway Track

Guest compost

This is meant to be a fun topic.

The question is - where in Britain (and Northern Ireland) would you like to see Speedway taking place ?

You can name up to 5 locations but they can't be current locations (or Wembley or Belle Vue Hyde Road). If you name more than one location then please put in order of preference. If I get enough replies I'll collate into an overall top 5. BTW 'London' doesn't count.

To start the ball rolling I'd plump for

1. Aldershot

2. Reading

3. Bristol

4. Southampton

5. Barnstaple/North Devon

Cheers

The question is - where in Britain (and Northern Ireland) would you like to see Speedway taking place ?

You can name up to 5 locations but they can't be current locations (or Wembley or Belle Vue Hyde Road). If you name more than one location then please put in order of preference. If I get enough replies I'll collate into an overall top 5. BTW 'London' doesn't count.

1. Aldershot

2. Reading

3. Bristol

4. Southampton

Cheers

1. Liverpool

2. Telford

3. Exeter

4. Norwich

5. Bristol

Regarding Barnstaple, the Town Council met on 31st July 1945 and discussed the proposed use of Braunton Road Sportsground twice a week for greyhounds and speedway. The Council had received a committee recommendation that the application should be refused.

Guest compost

1. Liverpool

2. Telford

3. Exeter

4. Norwich

5. Bristol

Regarding Barnstaple, the Town Council met on 31st July 1945 and discussed the proposed use of Braunton Road Sportsground twice a week for greyhounds and speedway. The Council had received a committee recommendation that the application should be refused.

That's really interesting BL65 regarding Barnstaple. The area (including all North Devon) really could do with more entertainment. Though I have no where near the finances or skill to run a track I had wondered if the area where motocross is held might be used like the original Iwade with Conference level racing offered during the spring/summer. I have noted an interest in Speedway in the area as the Star is widely stocked (and seems to sell well).

1. Aldershot

2. Reading

3. Bristol

4. Southampton

Cheers

There is already a motorsport venue in Aldershot. It's promoted by Spedeworth Motorsport who are the landlords at Foxhall Heath, Ipswich, where speedway takes place. A good offer for also stage speedway in Aldershot might get a favourable response from Spedeworth.

http://www.spedeworth.co.uk/venue.php?name=Aldershot

Edited by Guest

SUNDERLAND.

SUNDERLAND.

SUNDERLAND.

SUNDERLAND.

SUNDERLAND.

That's my top five anyway. :blink:

I reckon that makes my thoughts on this Thread fairly clear. :)

• Like 3

There is already a motorsport venue in Aldershot. It's promoted by Spedeworth Motorsport who are the landlords at Foxhole Heath, Ipswich, where speedway takes place. A good offer for also stage speedway in Aldershot might get a favourable response from Spedeworth.

Speedworth are not the landlords, they have a lease there . Foxhall stadium is owned by Ipswich Speedway Limited

SUNDERLAND.

SUNDERLAND.

SUNDERLAND.

SUNDERLAND.

SUNDERLAND.

That's my top five anyway. :blink:

I reckon that makes my thoughts on this Thread fairly clear. :)

It'll only get closed down as soon as it opens!

• Like 1

York

Leeds

Norwich

Romford

Chelmsford

There is already a motorsport venue in Aldershot. It's promoted by Spedeworth Motorsport who are the landlords at Foxhole Heath, Ipswich, where speedway takes place. A good offer for also stage speedway in Aldershot might get a favourable response from Spedeworth.

Speedworth are not the landlords, they have a lease there . Foxhall stadium is owned by Ipswich Speedway Limited

I did know that Spedeworth were the leaseholders at Foxhall Heath, but I am certain it is a VERY long-term agreement with still out 80 years to run. I used the term 'landlords' to specify the fact that Spedewworth are landlords in so far as other tenants at the stadium are concerned. This in fact is the speedway club - they are tenants to Spedeworth. This was a topic debated on the BSF some years ago.

Got to have a track in Penge,so gustix can make it without too much bovver

1. Oxford

2. York

3. Liverpool

4. Any location in London

5. Norwich

Edited by steve roberts

From a purely logistical viewpoint..

Bristol

Oxford

Reading

London

and hopefully Swindon 2018 and beyond :t:

I did know that Spedeworth were the leaseholders at Foxhall Heath, but I am certain it is a VERY long-term agreement with still out 80 years to run. I used the term 'landlords' to specify the fact that Spedewworth are landlords in so far as other tenants at the stadium are concerned. This in fact is the speedway club - they are tenants to Spedeworth. This was a topic debated on the BSF some years ago.

This is a Link to the thread mentioned in my quote, but does not fully answer as I thought it did, how long the lease is that Spedeworth Motorsports have in regard to the Foxhall Heath Stadium. However, there are some interesting points in the thread.

Ipswich Speedway Limited and Spedeworth Motorsport Foxhall Heath St…

Foxhall Stadium

Edited by Guest