British Speedway Forum
Guest compost

Where Would You Want To See A Speedway Track

Then do a Google search the same as I did. Just ask your question and you should get an answer. :rolleyes:

I did that John,because your "help" was of no use at all.That is why i found out it was actually about 15 miles from Newport,which is probably more help in locating the place :rofl:

This is after all a speedway forum,not a cheese forum.Although some of your posts are rather cheesy :icon_smile_clown:

Edited by iris123

I did that John,because your "help" was of no use at all.That is why i found out it was actually about 15 miles from Newport,which is probably more help in locating the place :rofl:

This is after all a speedway forum,not a cheese forum.Although some of your posts are rather cheesy :icon_smile_clown:

You are correct iris123. I should have been more specific as to where Ystrad Mynach was located in regard to better known places in Wales. That would have been far more useful to those who may have wondered where it was.

Edited by Guest

Ver interesting comment BOBBATH. Speedway has changed far too much from what we regard as its 'golden era' - in many ways what is presumably served up in modern times is just an apology for what in our day we found so magical about the sport, its riders, the packed terraces and the fairly large Press coverage he used to receive. Times move on and sadly I tend increasingly to think they have for British speedway.

Thanx gustix-I do get depressed when I think of the old times and what speedway seems to be now. Let's recall it as it was -incidentally on youtube if you enter Stoke speedway there is a 4 part video posted called the History of Sun Street Speedway-its great. P.S. Re Caerphilly- it's the home town of Tommy Cooper and there is a statue of him there (Tommy Cooper was not a relation of Ron Cooper!!!)

• Like 1

You are correct iris123. I should have been more specific as to where Ystrad Mynach was located in regard to better known places in Wales. That would have been far more useful to those who may have wondered where it was.

Thanx gustix-I do get depressed when I think of the old times and what speedway seems to be now. Let's recall it as it was -incidentally on youtube if you enter Stoke speedway there is a 4 part video posted called the History of Sun Street Speedway-its great. P.S. Re Caerphilly- it's the home town of Tommy Cooper and there is a statue of him there (Tommy Cooper was not a relation of Ron Cooper!!!)

I'm with you two on this. My opinion is the same as regards years ago.

I have so many happy memories - and I only go back as far as 1964.

Nobody mentioned David Cheshire... :P

Steve

• Like 1