British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Peter Craven Memorial Meeting Saturday 1st April 2017

So the new owners will honour the great man himself. Peter Craven and open the season with the Peter Craven meeting.

That is a very good way for them to introduce themselves. And see how the stadium is run. I hope alot of fans attend.

Obviously this year we are on a very tight budget. (Understandable) so this won't be a line up like last year was.

So who would you like to see. What kind of format do you want to see. Pairs?? Individual??? 4s???

Anyone with Peter Craven tickets last year that have not been refunded will be honoured with free entry to this meeting.

It's a shame it's on mothers day and Simon lambert testimonial.

Edited by Phil The Ace

Official website now reporting this will be a week later on Sat 1st April,

rules out Rye House and Wolves riders,

Glasgow , Workington and Newcastle all have league meetings on the 1st , so I assume league matches take preference to open meetings.

Glasgow , Workington and Newcastle all have league meetings on the 1st , so I assume league matches take preference to open meetings.

Yes they do unfortunately

So cookie, Stevie, Bewley and Jack smith will be missing

Yes they do unfortunately

So cookie, Stevie, Bewley and Jack smith will be missing

With so many Aces riders missing it will probably effect the size of the crowd.

This is a email an Aces fan received from Mark lemon querying why they choose April 1st.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your concerns and questions regarding the Peter Cravern Memorial meeting.

We are totally aware of the fixture clashes and unfortunately our original date 31st March was taken away from us and ultimatily if we don't run on this new set date it would be very likely the Peter Craven Memeorial couldn't be stage again for another season due to many unforeseen reasons, rock and hard place Kevin.

I am working tirelessly to ensure we pay our respects to the great man, his family and the fans by putting together the best possible line up we can, hopefully you the supporters will be happy with what we present but guess ultimately we will be judged by the entries through the turnstyles.

We've been assigned a very hard task to get everything right in a short space of time but like I along with Adrian, Tony and Robin can assure you, we want to make this club great again and have a sustainable future.

Hope this helps answer your raised questions Kevin and I look forward to seeing you at NSS soon.

Kind Regards

Mark Lemon

Director of Speedway

Belle Vue Speedway

Even now it seems as if they are working with one hand tied behind their back.

Personally I would have wanted to start the new era with a team match, with a full team.

So that Belle Vue supporters could get behind the Aces as a group from day one.

And blow away the past traumas together.

One can only hope that the local goodwill to make this new start work will be enough to turn out in numbers.

Almost without caring who is actually on the card.

Even now it seems as if they are working with one hand tied behind their back.

Personally I would have wanted to start the new era with a team match, with a full team.

So that Belle Vue supporters could get behind the Aces as a group from day one.

And blow away the past traumas together.

One can only hope that the local goodwill to make this new start work will be enough to turn out in numbers.

Almost without caring who is actually on the card.

They are honouring anyone that had PCM tickets so I think there first thought is getting this meeting on and giving the fans through big meeting they promised.

Circumstances out of there control as put paid to the original date unfortunately.

I think people won't be happy with so many riders missing but if they can get a good quality field together then fans will turn up.

Will they get a quality field together. Probably not. But this meeting is about the great man Peter Craven and honouring and remembering his name. So whatever the line up I should hope ppl will come for Craven himself

They are honouring anyone that had PCM tickets so I think there first thought is getting this meeting on and giving the fans through big meeting they promised.

Circumstances out of there control as put paid to the original date unfortunately.

I think people won't be happy with so many riders missing but if they can get a good quality field together then fans will turn up.

Will they get a quality field together. Probably not. But this meeting is about the great man Peter Craven and honouring and remembering his name. So whatever the line up I should hope ppl will come for Craven himself

I take the point completely about getting the PCM 'done' ASAP this year for the ticket situation.

The truth about the PCM is that for many years of its staging at Hyde Road it was often a very mediocre field.

It was not one of the 'top' individuals of that era.

For the few years it ran in the seventies Aces plus a Sheffield/Hull contingent and other middle order men.

Perhaps we should not get carried away with emotion.

line up so far

Kenneth Bjerre

Justin sedgman

Max fricke

Joe Jacobs

Rohan Tungate

Lemon says expect a few surprise names

Is it not a little silly to keep updating this thread WITHOUT changing the thread title to give the correct date of this meeting?

Zagar

Brady Kurtz

Charles Wright

All added to line up

So far it's

Matej Zagar

Brady Kurtz

Rohan Tungate

Charles Wright

Kenneth Bjerre

Justin sedgman

Max fricke