Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Peter Craven Memorial Meeting Saturday 1st April 2017

What a brilliant meeting

The best I've ever seen

Fantastic from all riders.

Well done bjerre

• Like 2

Absolutely superb meeting. Certainly cheered a couple of fed up Bees fans up on a Saturday night.

Brilliant. Probably one of the best meetings I've seen in 33 years. 18 of the 22 heats were excellent and at least half a dozen of them were mind bendingly good.

• Like 3

That was something else that

I'll stick it now. Best track on this earth

Tonight's meeting was off the scale in terms of racing entertainment !

In my 15 years of filming Speedway, it has to rank in my top 3 out of the 1000s I've filmed, certainly the best individual event I've ever covered.

Truly wonderful stuff, well done to everyone involved.

Edited by ballinger
  • Like 1

It's the type of meeting we should be screaming for.

Seriously, that track is just amazing.

Every race. EVERY RACE had a pass, in fact the one pass races seemed boring. I'm so lucky to live next to that.

An amazing meeting which proved beyond doubt that you don't need the best riders in the world to produce excellent racing.

Kenneth Bjerre was a deserved winner. He was passing riders for fun and certainly not backing off when he was in some tight situations. Batchelor was impressive as were Hougard, Fricke and Brady Kurtz, particularly in his earlier races. Zagar had some good races but said it was his first competitive meeting this year and it showed in his gating.

All 16 riders gave it their all and it showed how brilliant this sport can be if you give riders a track which allows them to show their skills.

• Like 2

Tonight's meeting was off the scale in terms of racing entertainment !

In my 15 years of filming Speedway, it has to rank in my top 3 out of the 1000s I've filmed, certainly the best individual event I've ever covered.

Truly wonderful stuff, well done to everyone involved.

Will the DVD be ready this week, I'm sure you'll get lots of interest?

Great to red that the track was good. What was the crowd like?

Great to red that the track was good. What was the crowd like?

I'm rubbish at guessing crowd sizes. But I'd say about 1500-1800.

backstraight was full. Grandstand over half full

What a great night of Speedway !

If were ever going to revive the sport in this country , all new tracks should be modelled on the NSS

Well done to everyone concerned , best £ 17 ive spent in a long time !!

• Like 2

Echo the previous posts, simply brilliant racing all night, passing & close racing galore. The race where Max Fricke dive bombed Sedgeman on the 3rd bend was a beauty, though at the time thought it'd end in tears!

Kenneth Bjerre carried on his form from the Lambo Testimonial, he was brilliant, a worthy winner. Brady Kurtz was rapid too, rode really fast lines out by the fence, he'll be a huge threat to the Aces on Friday night. Troy Batchelor was back to his best, told the fans at the after-meeting press conference how much he enjoyed it. Ricky Wells surprised me a bit too, performed well. Great from an Aces perspective to see Matej & Joe mixing it & bringing back memories of last season.

Roll on Friday night & the visit of the Pirates. If last night is anything to go by, if you love great speedway then get yourselves to Belle Vue, you won't be disappointed!

• Like 2

I'm still gobsmacked at how good it was. I'm quickly becoming a speedway snob watching the NSS every week.

• Like 2

Excellent meeting on a truly superb sized/shaped track.

Any promoter that's built a track in the last 25 years that isn't shaped like that should hang their heads in shame. i.e. all of them!

It can be done!

Big, wide, fast, dirt and banking. Anything else is just an excuse.

• Like 2

Excellent meeting on a truly superb sized/shaped track.

Any promoter that's built a track in the last 25 years that isn't shaped like that should hang their heads in shame. i.e. all of them!

It can be done!

Big, wide, fast, dirt and banking. Anything else is just an excuse.

Generally most tracks that have been built in what may be classed 'modern times' are praised for the racing they produce despite not being exactly like Belle Vue.

Scunny and Somerset often raised on the pedastal as providing the best racing and somewhere like Plymouth even though it is as far from Belle Vue (size and distance lol) is also praised greatly.

The big exception has been Leicester which was down to 1 mans stubborness and hopefully us gradually being rectified.

A number of established tracks are also making great efforts to improve - look at the work at the likes of Glasgow Ipswich and Peterborough (already hailed as one if the best but not resting on their laurels) over the winter.

• Like 1