British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Peter Craven Memorial Meeting Saturday 1st April 2017

I would ask for your attendances but then I remembered you can't count to 10

Ha ha, very funny.

It also disproves the theory that lay down engines and the new silencers are to blame for poor quality racing.

It's clear that preparation and shape/size/banking of tracks is really critical.

This track is a really great marker for future track builds.

• Like 5

Modern bikes do produce poor quality racing on the vast majority of British tracks. They make it more obvious how poor British tracks generally are.

Modern bikes do not respond well to being locked up to go round a bend, i.e. Wolves, Lakeside, countless others.

The answer is to fix the tracks, you won't stop progress with the bikes.

I do wonder if the new Belle Vue would fit in the likes of Sheffield, Peterborough, King's Lynn, Swindon (currrent circuit).

• Like 1

They are very responsive at low revs, or the turn over from that to the higher end, so on a small track they'll rear up if your throttle control isn't as reactive as the thing itself. I know, I've ridden them enough and my back will certainly testify!!

Big open flowing tracks are the answer. The tight technical tracks are more about skill then they have ever been.

Modern bikes do produce poor quality racing on the vast majority of British tracks. They make it more obvious how poor British tracks generally are.

Modern bikes do not respond well to being locked up to go round a bend, i.e. Wolves, Lakeside, countless others.

The answer is to fix the tracks, you won't stop progress with the bikes.

I do wonder if the new Belle Vue would fit in the likes of Sheffield, Peterborough, King's Lynn, Swindon (currrent circuit).

If you mean inside the circuit I'd say no. I think BV is deceptively small. I'm not sure of the exact metres but I think it's one of the largest in Europe.

It's had a winter to bed in now. It was a track in its infancy last year. Now it's settled, I think it will become the best racing track in the world. No bias there, I've watched enough speedway over the years to formulate that opinion.

It's going to cause a problem for the team, though. It's a very fair track, one that will never really develop a home advantage.

They are very responsive at low revs, or the turn over from that to the higher end, so on a small track they'll rear up if your throttle control isn't as reactive as the thing itself. I know, I've ridden them enough and my back will certainly testify!!

Big open flowing tracks are the answer. The tight technical tracks are more about skill then they have ever been.

If you mean inside the circuit I'd say no. I think BV is deceptively small. I'm not sure of the exact metres but I think it's one of the largest in Europe.

It's had a winter to bed in now. It was a track in its infancy last year. Now it's settled, I think it will become the best racing track in the world. No bias there, I've watched enough speedway over the years to formulate that opinion.

It's going to cause a problem for the team, though. It's a very fair track, one that will never really develop a home advantage.

No I mean could a Belle Vue type track fit within the confines of those stadia. It would never happen of course but it should.

Well, the DVD I ordered of the meeting arrived the other day in Aussie & I must say that it looked a brilliant meeting. The new BV track is awesome.... Well done to everybody...

Well, the DVD I ordered of the meeting arrived the other day in Aussie & I must say that it looked a brilliant meeting. The new BV track is awesome.... Well done to everybody...

It was a brilliant meeting. Well worth purchasing the DVD