British Speedway Forum

Andrew Silver (Oxford) 1984.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

4 year old article

What is the situation regarding Cowley Stadium? Is there any positive news?

8 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

It' gone very quiet at the moment Steve. But the news does seem to come in fits and starts.Ā 

Many thanks for the update!

Regards

Excellent news. Used to love my trips to Cowley. Great track with friendly locals.

• Like 1

TheĀ stadium supporting 62 jobs and bringing Ā£3.1m to the local economy seems wildly optimistic. Does anyone have a link to the actual report?

It does appear to beĀ good news though and reading between the lines the council seem to be lining themselves up to take over the stadium.Ā 

• Like 1

A 1939 (29 Oct.) Oxford programme sold for Ā£96 the other day on Ebay.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Midland Red said:

It's disgraceful that the continual decline of the site continues. I called in last month and it made for depressing viewing.

I wish all those involved with saving the venue good luck but as time goes on it's becoming more and more difficult.

4 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

It's disgraceful that the continual decline of the site continues. I called in last month and it made for depressing viewing.

I wish all those involved with saving the venue good luck but as time goes on it's becoming more and more difficult.

I've always felt that the owners of these abandoned buildings and sites should be made by the local authorities to keep them in a decent condition instead of allowing them to crumble into a state of disrepair and end up where demolition is the only optionĀ 

• Like 3