British Speedway Forum

8 hours ago, Mimmo said:

Fingers crossed that we do get speedway back at Oxford, but the thing that puzzles me is where will everyone park, if it's proposed that around 100 houses/flats be built on the car park.   

Hopefully for those driving there will still be the option of parking at Unipart. Oxford United use it as an overflow facility for sellout matches

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Hopefully for those driving there will still be the option of parking at Unipart. Oxford United use it as an overflow facility for sellout matches

Is it far for disabled people to walk do you know?

11 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Yes it's a fair distance across the road where Sandy Lane meets the Watlington Road.

4 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Yes it's a fair distance across the road where Sandy Lane meets the Watlington Road.

Thanks Steve.  That would rule any chance of us visiting if hopefully speedway does reopen there.

• Like 1

Would think in these circumstances, the speedway operators would run a shuttle service.

It's heartening to read that there seems to be a genuine possibility of Oxford being revived, but it's a pity that so many people seem to want to be negative in their comments. I wish the people behind the plans every success and look forward to one day being able to visit Oxford again - my last and only visit being on Good Friday of 1958 - the night that Jack Young made his comeback with Coventry!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mimmo said:

Yes it would be too far for a disabled person to walk with ease. If my memory isnt playing tricks i'm sure theyve used a shuttlebus for previous big meetings at the stadium. They always use shuttlebuses for the OUFC games. Maybe with options of online booking for meetings,  a parking space can be reserved at the same time with priority given to those who need it most.

• Like 1

Would love to get Oxford back, always enjoyed going there, its been sadly missed.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Yes it would be too far for a disabled person to walk with ease. If my memory isnt playing tricks i'm sure theyve used a shuttlebus for previous big meetings at the stadium. They always use shuttlebuses for the OUFC games. Maybe with options of online booking for meetings,  a parking space can be reserved at the same time with priority given to those who need it most.

At Leicester, they have a golf buggy running between the carpark and the stadium!

5 hours ago, Skodaman said:

At Leicester, they have a golf buggy running between the carpark and the stadium!

How long did it take them to find a Driver

Boom Boom

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

How long did it take them to find a Driver

Boom Boom

The problem with the buggy was that it is very small & if there were a lot of people trying to get on to go up to the stadium it became a bit of a Wedge.

Perhaps they could arrange to" putter nother " one on

Edited by Dave Jones
top add
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

The problem with the buggy was that it is very small & if there were a lot of people trying to get on to go up to the stadium it became a bit of a Wedge.

Perhaps they could arrange to" putter nother " one on

They could speak with Fore other Clubs to help Iron out the problems. Wood ent it be good to see.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

They could speak with Fore other Clubs to help Iron out the problems. Wood ent it be good to see.

That should sort things down to a tee..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Think they got it because its a fair way to the stadium from the car park

Edited by Big Al
spelling
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Big Al said:

Think they got it because its a fair way to the stadium from the car park

That should make things a Hole lot better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RS50 said:

That should make things a Hole lot better. 

At least that’s been flagged up

• Like 1