British Speedway Forum

Brilliant news for all those Oxford fans who never stopped believing

plus Coventry, Swindon, Reading, Rye House, & Arena fans will be able to see some racing closer to home

On 6/16/2021 at 1:32 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

He has said he is open for speedway to return. Guess it’s down to someone with the money to promote speedway to go and see him.

Could always get the Stock Car boys in and have a chance of making a profit

1 hour ago, BangerBoy said:

More likely option, in my opinion.

22 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Nice piece on Meridian News today too!

Complete and utter bull. Million pound investment I’ve read some cack in my time  that’s the biggest

5 hours ago, BangerBoy said:

Bangers etc have no chance unless the Council change all their Green Eco friendly promises

You have more chance of Boris and Co. admitting they don't have a clue what they're doing while spunking your money into their chums pockets than that happening

I use to really like Oxford although being an Ipswich fan most times we got turned over! I guess the place including the excellent restaurant must be in a right 2 and 8 these days?

However if it did reopen surely the first laps would have to be ridden by the master himself? In my opinion still the greatest rider of all time.

43 minutes ago, TB1 said:

I use to really like Oxford although being an Ipswich fan most times we got turned over! I guess the place including the excellent restaurant must be in a right 2 and 8 these days?

However if it did reopen surely the first laps would have to be ridden by the master himself? In my opinion still the greatest rider of all time.

We used to have some great tussles with the "Witches" none more so than the 1985 Knock Out Cup Final second leg at Cowley...probably one of the greatest nights ever at Oxford!

17 hours ago, BangerBoy said:

No chance, simply due to having no put space. 

39 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

No chance, simply due to having no put space. 

Personally I don't think it would get thru' noise restrictions? Cars tend to be much louder than bikes.

14 hours ago, steve roberts said:

We used to have some great tussles with the "Witches" none more so than the 1985 Knock Out Cup Final second leg at Cowley...probably one of the greatest nights ever at Oxford!

Lots of people moaning at our end about poor performances recently at least we have a well supported team with good local media coverage. For that we should be grateful. Hope it all works out down there. 

• Thanks 1

Apparently volunteers are being asked to help clean up the stadium in anticipation of re-opening? If I was still local I would certainly make myself known at Sandy Lane having helped out during the rescue of the stadium back in 1976 and also when under the Wagstaff regime. I wish them well! :t:

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 3

There is a Speedway Special sports show on BBC Radio Oxford this Saturday at 2pm . Think there's a phone in and an interview with Jason Crump.

• Like 1

Great news, as an Arena Essex/Lakeside fan the only match I can recall at Cowley was when Christian Heffonbrock went through the card helping an away win, probably the only time we won at Oxford although I don’t think we went there much as often in different divisions.

I have enjoyed the meetings posted on you tube of Oxford in the late 80s/90s with Hans Nielsen.

• Like 1

Good to see some progress being made at Cowley,  though still a lot of work to do.  It doesn't look in too bad a state considering it's not been used for ten years.   Arguably looks in a better state than Brandon, though Oxford seems to have avoided the arsonists.

https://twitter.com/OxfordSpeedway?s=09

• Like 1