British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, CowleyCheetahs said:

Just been sent the above photos from a friend. Seems the track is indeed having some changes being made to it

Great images...thanks!

4 hours ago, CowleyCheetahs said:

Just been sent the above photos from a friend. Seems the track is indeed having some changes being made to it

I wonder why the inside kerb is being taken out? Surely it hasn't rotted? :unsure:

14 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

I wonder why the inside kerb is being taken out? Surely it hasn't rotted? :unsure:

I hope that the plan isn't to bring the inside line in too much thus making the track something similar to the Eastbourne one and two bends?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

I hope that the plan isn't to bring the inside line in too much thus making the track something similar to the Eastbourne one and two bends?

Maybe the safety fence needs to come in for whatever reason, and that would otherwise make the track too narrow?

Am I right in thinking the light stanchions have been move? They look like they are on the outside of the greyhound track?

Would it  make a "possible" substitute venue to hold the Pairs on the night before the GP at Cardiff, now that Somerset has closed?

new improved drains going in?

possibly widening to make suitable for FIM ?

Race night wise, didn't Oxford ride Thursdays when in 2nd tier before the seasons with Nielsen / Wigg etc. Can't ride Thursdays in CL but what about Tuesday (now Kent have closed) or Wednesday (would Brummies or Poole complain?) 

Looks like the track is based on Poole's :lol:

• Haha 2

There's now 3 live threads for Oxford... more virulent than Covid!

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Looks like the track is based on Poole's :lol:

Looks smoother than Wimborne Road. 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, HGould said:

new improved drains going in?

possibly widening to make suitable for FIM ?

Race night wise, didn't Oxford ride Thursdays when in 2nd tier before the seasons with Nielsen / Wigg etc. Can't ride Thursdays in CL but what about Tuesday (now Kent have closed) or Wednesday (would Brummies or Poole complain?) 

Oxford were always a Thursday night track till Northern Sports took over and moved Race Nigbt to Fridays to take part in the big boys league 

9 hours ago, iainb said:

There's now 3 live threads for Oxford... more virulent than Covid!

A team with a long history on the comeback trail, hopefully it comes to a successful fruition 

• Like 2