British Speedway Forum

15 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

I've always felt that the owners of these abandoned buildings and sites should be made by the local authorities to keep them in a decent condition instead of allowing them to crumble into a state of disrepair and end up where demolition is the only option 

...some 8 years ago I was in correspondence with the then owners of the stadium citing my concerns that the stadium was being left to deteriorate so that it would no longer be a viable facility with a view of selling it off for re-development. She refuted that in strong terms but I have since been found correct...a disgraceful state of affairs.

• Sad 1

On 3/29/2018 at 7:52 AM, MattK said:

The stadium supporting 62 jobs and bringing £3.1m to the local economy seems wildly optimistic. Does anyone have a link to the actual report?

It does appear to be good news though and reading between the lines the council seem to be lining themselves up to take over the stadium. 

I went there in May 2007 shortly before they closed to watch Swindon and I doubt there was 62 home fans there. 

15 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

Gordon Kennett is apparently due to attend. Nice to see Gordon showing an interest in speedway because he was somewhat a reluctant hero.

20 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Gordon Kennett is apparently due to attend. Nice to see Gordon showing an interest in speedway because he was somewhat a reluctant hero.

Gordon is a regular at Arlington. Did you see him on EaglesTV...very interesting.

• Like 1

Gordon was the star of the last ever appearance of speedway bikes at Wimbledon making the tarmac look as if it was a shale track on the bends. The video is on YouTube 

• Like 3

It's hardly Donald Trumps wall. If they was upto anything untoward then they would certainly have a big wooden fence to hide behind 

On 3/29/2019 at 6:49 PM, BangerBoy said:

If you left empty space would you not do the same because of your friendly travellers?

Most likely .just donlt want to get  done like brandon estates did ,for failing to secure their property