British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MMX Events

The Darcy Ward Invitational 2017 - Poole

Almost travelled from South Wales for this one... glad we didn't and already decided that £20 next Friday for Somerset pairs is a rip off... probably giving British speedway a miss for another year on the basis of tonight's near miss and next weeks rip off! When will the powers that be learn?!

• Like 4

Sounds a bit similar to BV 2016, within days to the same date. The season is starting too soon, weather is going to be unpredictable. Its a shame, because as like last year, a good quality international field is gathered.

Belle Vue tonight was dry and track perfect after rain all week.

• Like 1

Belle Vue tonight was dry and track perfect after rain all week.

Only this.

Poole track is badly prepared. Has been for a long time.

Needs re laying.

Almost travelled from South Wales for this one... glad we didn't and already decided that £20 next Friday for Somerset pairs is a rip off... probably giving British speedway a miss for another year on the basis of tonight's near miss and next weeks rip off! When will the powers that be learn?!

20£ next week is not a rip of as you say i think you just needed an excuse not to go ?
  • Like 3

Maybe Mr Ford should spend some of the Volvo money on improving the track....

• Like 3

Heard no refunds, which if is the case is not right. Even if for the benefit of Darcy Ward people should be entitled to at least half their money back!

If anyone adked for a refund I for one would hold them in contempt. Its a fund raiser. I can't believe anyone would actually ask for a refund.

No body was upset when it was called off. We could see the track had been done in by the heavy rain we have experienced down here. Disappointing but that's speedway for you.

• Like 1

20£ next week is not a rip of as you say i think you just needed an excuse not to go ?

Exactly , the Premier League Pairs ( 2nd tier speedway ) the night before Cardiff has been £20 for a couple of years now and always attracts a healthy crowd . £20 is a fair price for the amount of heats you get at these meetings

• Like 4

£20 for 15 heats is not good value... had even booked early shift in work to go until the volume of heats and price was known! When we can have a day of sunshine and still see Poole called off it totally puts people off! Just Prague and Cardiff again this year then!

• Like 1

£20 for 15 heats is not good value... had even booked early shift in work to go until the volume of heats and price was known! When we can have a day of sunshine and still see Poole called off it totally puts people off! Just Prague and Cardiff again this year then!

You get in excess of 20 heats at a pairs event

• Like 1

Did you go round and ask EVERYBODY then as saying nobody was upset is a big statement. I can give you names of a lot of people currently at the meeting who are fuming (including Poole fans) about the state of the track and the waiting around they did.

They have compared this to Belle Vue's mess last year.

You seem to be the only one with rose tinted glasses on.

You have been very vocal about tonight. It seems to me, having read your posts, you are getting some form of sick joy out of this. It was a fund raiser. The track was waterlogged and water came to the surface during the meeting making it impossible to finish the meeting. Disappointing? Sure. What could have been done about it? Not a lot.

Perhaps you should look closer to home about how your clubs track is looking.

You have been very vocal about tonight. It seems to me, having read your posts, you are getting some form of sick joy out of this. It was a fund raiser. The track was waterlogged and water came to the surface during the meeting making it impossible to finish the meeting. Disappointing? Sure. What could have been done about it? Not a lot.

Perhaps you should look closer to home about how your clubs track is looking.

Predictable the Poole haters are going to go to town over this . It's a shame it had to happen tonight of all nights , but we live in a country with an unpredictable climate and speedway is always at it's mercy .

Advert for Somerset states 12 quali heats, 2 semis and a final...

Hence the DW meeting did look attractive in comparison but couldn't convince the OH that A 2.5 hour drive each way was worth it... probably for the best!

Must be different than the Pairs events I've been to at Somerset in the last few years , or a misprint

• Like 1

Predictable the Poole haters are going to go to town over this . It's a shame it had to happen tonight of all nights , but we live in a country with an unpredictable climate and speedway is always at it's mercy .

Must be different than the Pairs events I've been to at Somerset in the last few years , or a misprint

http://www.somersetrebels.co/news.php?extend.1949

The PL Pairs have in recent years had 5 teams in each group Paul, whilst this event has 4 which I guess accounts for less heats