British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MMX Events

The Darcy Ward Invitational 2017 - Poole

You have been very vocal about tonight. It seems to me, having read your posts, you are getting some form of sick joy out of this. It was a fund raiser. The track was waterlogged and water came to the surface during the meeting making it impossible to finish the meeting. Disappointing? Sure. What could have been done about it? Not a lot.

Perhaps you should look closer to home about how your clubs track is looking.

Good to see you taking pleasure that Coventry has closed down. Sums you up and looks like I and others have hit a nerve.

However Coventry & Belle Vue fans have been the first to admit when we have had problems. We don't pretend everything is perfect like you are with Poole.

No where does it say the track is waterlogged. The track was unsafe and unfit. Ward & Holder both can admit it's normal for Poole nowadays to be poor. It's been terrible for years now. It's full of ruts.

You are clutching at straws.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 4

The PL Pairs have in recent years had 5 teams in each group Paul, whilst this event has 4 which I guess accounts for less heats

Oh aye , there is that :oops:

• Like 1

Doyle was perpetrator of the call off after posting a 59 second heat win.

Must admit track was poor though after some pretty heavy rain this week.

The track was NOT waterlogged if it was it wouldn't have started Steve. The first and third bends are terrible. And as for refund s I cannot afford to donate £30 straight out like this. I went to watch speedway not tractors, and end up with chronic back and leg ache after standing watching nothing for nearly 3 hours. My donation for Darcy is less what I paid to get in with my son. No disrespect but that's my view.

Edited by Sniffy
  • Like 1

Heard no refunds, which if is the case is not right. Even if for the benefit of Darcy Ward people should be entitled to at least half their money back!

I was about to reply saying if anyone did ask Poole fans would say it's a benefit meeting and you shouldn't ask for refunds and lo and behold up pops....

If anyone adked for a refund I for one would hold them in contempt. Its a fund raiser. I can't believe anyone would actually ask for a refund.

No body was upset when it was called off. We could see the track had been done in by the heavy rain we have experienced down here. Disappointing but that's speedway for you.

I'd hold Poole in contempt not anyone wanting their hard earned money back. Poole organised it (or at least sanctioned the meeting) but failed to provide a safe track for the riders to perform on. The very least they could do is offer a discount on future meetings.

• Like 5

Perhaps it should have been called off before it started, maybe even 24 hour hours ago so people didnt have to travel.

Daja Vu 12 months ago.

• Like 7

If anyone adked for a refund I for one would hold them in contempt. Its a fund raiser. I can't believe anyone would actually ask for a refund.

No body was upset when it was called off. We could see the track had been done in by the heavy rain we have experienced down here. Disappointing but that's speedway for you.

Fund raiser, yes, but people had still paid to see 20 heats of racing from a pretty decent field. They didn't get that, so they deserve a refund.

This wasn't just a bucket collection.

No doubt you'd be happy if you bought raffle tickets for a good cause only to be told there weren't any prizes after all or if it had been called off with everyone in the stadium and no racing actually taking place.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 9

The track was NOT waterlogged if it was it wouldn't have started Steve. The first and third bends are terrible. And as for refund s I cannot afford to donate £30 straight out like this. I went to watch speedway not tractors, a chronic back and leg ache after attending watching nothing for nearly 3 hours. Donation for Darcy is less what I paid to get in with my son. No disrespect but that's my view.

Of course the track had problems because of the rain we have had. Why do you think we haven't had practice on it. The whole first and second bend was shiny. Why? Water!

If you feel so hard done by, when Darcy receives his money from Matt, perhaps you can facetime Darcy and demand your money back via Paypal?

Barely payed attention to anything that's happened in speedway over the winter. Whilst the world moves on and changes faster than most of us can keep up with, I can come back for a look on here every March to find out British speedway organisers have royally cocked up another headline event, and Shovlar is still spouting complete bollocks. It's as if time has stood still / is on an infinite loop

Edited by Speedy swindon pete
  • Like 7

Don't agree with with you Steve sorry. As for a refund I expect a discount not full refund. I ain't rich and Darcy ain't poor. I paid Matt not Darcy. End of.

Edited by Sniffy
  • Like 4

Of course the track had problems because of the rain we have had. Why do you think we haven't had practice on it. The whole first and second bend was shiny. Why? Water!

If you feel so hard done by, when Darcy receives his money from Matt, perhaps you can facetime Darcy and demand your money back via Paypal?

Personally, I'd say he doesn't receive the money. Then those who are actually responsible for the meeting being a shambles - ie the promotion and the riders - can facetime him.

Once again - this wasn't simply a matter of donation. It was someone paying for a meeting.

• Like 2

Darcy can have half what I paid the other half should be taken off next week's admission.

• Like 1

Your track has holes and bumps everywhere.

It's terrible and has been for a number of years.

It needs ripping up and re laying.

It's not a personal issue with poole speedway but it's a fact your core support and ownership need to accept.

I wasn't there tonight, so maybe the weather was the reason, but it doesn't excuse the fact that your track is dangerous.

I was a poole fan until 2hours ago. What a fu...in rip off no refund and the attitude of the promoters ie giles and matt was abysmal. No promoter fronting up to the public and when giles finaly showed his face it was to say to security 'get the fools out of here'. Meeting should never have been started just taking the piss out of speedway fans again.

PS weather wise no rain since 6 this morning. Some rain yesterday not loads. and no rain wednesday afternoon.

• Like 7

Don't agree with with you Steve sorry. As for a refund I expect a discount not full refund. I ain't rich and Darcy ain't poor. I paid Matt not Darcy. End of.

Go and ask Matt to give you back the money you donated to Darcy then.