British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
foamfence

Tai Interview

Interesting interview - particularly what he says about Team GB.

Imagine organising a fitness regime for the team and not one rider turning up! No wonder he got fed up with it all.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 2

Imagine organising a fitness regime for the team and not one rider turning up! No wonder he got fed up with it all.

The interview explains a lot.

The interview explains a lot.

It does. Though, no doubt, some people will still see fit to slag him off because his parents emigrated for a while.

Interesting, too, that he has offered to buy the rights to Team GB and run it himself for 5 years. Something that would be worth seeing happen in my opinion to see where it gets us.

• Like 3

Begs the question why did none of them turn up.

Were they told about it?

Did they not think it necessary?

Did they think they were fit enough already?

Did they just not think Tai a nice person?

Did they all have other things already programmed in for that day?

Great interview.

Says a lot about Rosco and his match preparation by eating in a kebab shop. Also says a lot about Tai and his loyalty to Team GB. The knockers have shown him the door to a large degree. We have a world champion yet treat him like crap. Some posters on here need a head check.

• Like 3

I'm glad he has taken on board the critisism of the language he uses and has at last cut- out the unnessary swearing !!!!!!!

Has Tai Woffinden cut out the swearing? If so, are these quotes from the newspaper article misprints?

“I want gold,” says Woffinden.” Who gives a f*** about silver, you’re first loser, let’s celebrating losing, f*** that.

“I’m on the podium and everyone’s got a smile on their face and I’m thinking ‘why’s everybody happy, we f***ing lost!’”

“Last year we went to Vojens (Speedway Centre, Denmark). Everyone drives 40km and has a nice meal. We’re taken to a f***ing pizza shop, a kebab shop.

“It’s a World Championship race off with Team GB and we’re eating in a f***ing kebab shop.”

Edited by Guest

Has Tai Woffinden cut out the swearing? If so, are these quotes from the newspaper article misprints?

“I want gold,” says Woffinden.” Who gives a f*** about silver, you’re first loser, let’s celebrating losing, f*** that.

“I’m on the podium and everyone’s got a smile on their face and I’m thinking ‘why’s everybody happy, we f***ing lost!’”

“Last year we went to Vojens (Speedway Centre, Denmark). Everyone drives 40km and has a nice meal. We’re taken to a f***ing pizza shop, a kebab shop.

“It’s a World Championship race off with Team GB and we’re eating in a f***ing kebab shop.”

Knew I was being too clever by half

• Like 4

Think i know the one he is talking about :P

I think that is what is commonly known on here as a whoosh.

• Like 2

It wouldn't feel right to count a whoosh on gustix :P

Great rider but tai is out for tai and not that he f***ing cares but he is not as popular as he thinks he is and divides opinion like no other rider

• Like 4

What a cock

• Like 2

Maybe it's just us old "dinosaurs" who don't like every other word in a rider's interview to be "f**king this and f**king that". I don't and believe it comes across he's a spoilt brat ( at 26?) with a very limited vocabulary. There are plenty of negative expressive ways of venting his disappointment ( some of which I understand). I wish the powers that be / those pulling the strings of speedway would let Tai run Team GB for five years - because without him we are unlikely to see a medal again. We have nothing too loser by doing it his way ( only those expletive filled views! ).