British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
foamfence

Tai Interview

Maybe it's just us old "dinosaurs" who don't like every other word in a rider's interview to be "f**king this and f**king that". I don't and believe it comes across he's a spoilt brat ( at 26?) with a very limited vocabulary. There are plenty of negative expressive ways of venting his disappointment ( some of which I understand). I wish the powers that be / those pulling the strings of speedway would let Tai run Team GB for five years - because without him we are unlikely to see a medal again. We have nothing too loser by doing it his way ( only those expletive filled views! ).

I'm 33 and still think it's a totally ridiculously unprofessional interview.

Not seen an interview like it.

He may look like a superstar but he don't act like one.

• Like 5

And off we go again...

Ok, so people don't like Tai's swearing - and the reporter could easily have left out swear words had he chosen to do so.

But surely the important isue here is the points that he is raising rather than the way he expressed them.

• Like 1

Someone ask the other TeamGB riders why they didn't turn up to Tai's fitness tests ...... is it because they are doing their own thing perhaps? Tai is just too much .....

Great rider but tai is out for tai and not that he f***ing cares but he is not as popular as he thinks he is and divides opinion like no other rider

Yeah, so much that he's willing to put his own money into Team GB for 5 years. NO hope for you is there, you can't even understand , or want to, what is written in the article because you wear blinkers..

For once ignore the swear words and read the rest. Its a damming insight into team management at elite level.

Edited by marky
  • Like 1

Yeah, so much that he's willing to put his own money into Team GB for 5 years. NO hope for you is there, you can't even understand , or want to, what is written in the article because you wear blinkers..

For once ignore the swear words and read the rest. Its a damming insight into team management at elite level.

its a damming insight into the world of woffinden , it works for him and that's great but to inflict it on everybody else is blinkered and pig headed , there is no i in team but there is in tai , the riders in GB are what they are and going down the tai route isn't going to change that .if the riders really thought tai's way was the way for them then there is nothing stopping them doing it individually Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 3

its a damming insight into the world of woffinden , it works for him and that's great but to inflict it on everybody else is blinkered and pig headed , there is no i in team but there is in tai , the riders in GB are what they are and going down the tai route isn't going to change that .if the riders really thought tai's way was the way for them then there is nothing stopping them doing it individually

Maybe thats why there all bang average. Will never understand why you wouldn't at least try to be the best. Tai is a winner.. sometimes that rubs losers up the wrong way

• Like 3

Maybe it's just us old "dinosaurs" who don't like every other word in a rider's interview to be "f**king this and f**king that". I don't and believe it comes across he's a spoilt brat ( at 26?) with a very limited vocabulary. There are plenty of negative expressive ways of venting his disappointment ( some of which I understand). I wish the powers that be / those pulling the strings of speedway would let Tai run Team GB for five years - because without him we are unlikely to see a medal again. We have nothing too loser by doing it his way ( only those expletive filled views! ).

So you want a spoilt brat running team gb

Successful one though

Maybe thats why there all bang average. Will never understand why you wouldn't at least try to be the best. Tai is a winner.. sometimes that rubs losers up the wrong way

tai is a winner because he has what it takes and what works for him and that is fine but it obviously doesn't work for everyone , it's no bother to me if it's tried or not and yes being the best does rub people up the wrong way but just being the best individual doesn't make you the best team player
  • Like 3

World Champion !

If I was a speedway rider and Tai Woffinden invited me to any sort of training (apart from media/PR!), frankly invited me anywhere I go, I'd follow and I'd copy. I certainly wouldn't ignore his offer.

If the rest can't take advice and help off one of the best riders of recent times then they're morons!

If I was a speedway rider and Tai Woffinden invited me to any sort of training (apart from media/PR!), frankly invited me anywhere I go, I'd follow and I'd copy. I certainly wouldn't ignore his offer.

If the rest can't take advice and help off one of the best riders of recent times then they're morons!

Havvy was world champion when I was racing, would I seak advice off him, not a chance, couldn't stand him or the way he acted and this is how a number of riders feel about TW.

Exactly. You don't even have to like the bloke, just respect him for his achievements.