British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
foamfence

Tai Interview

Exactly. You don't even have to like the bloke, just respect him for his achievements.

Respect for a person generates from the way they behave. Has Tai Woffinden shown that quality! As HE MIGHT say - "Not fxxxxxx likely!" :wink:

Respect for a person generates from the way they behave. Has Tai Woffinden shown that quality! As HE MIGHT say - "Not fxxxxxx likely!" :wink:

Behaviour such as winning the World Championship twice?

Behaviour such as winning the World Championship twice?

I fail to see how winning two world championships can be quoted as a person's behaviour. A sporting achievement IMO is far removed from how one appears in personal life. But if you can show me an equation between the two I would be interested to see it MarkK.

I fail to see how winning two world championships can be quoted as a person's behaviour. A sporting achievement IMO is far removed from how one appears in personal life. But if you can show me an equation between the two I would be interested to see it MarkK.

surely even you can se the benefit of trying to learn off one of the best riders in the world? As Matt says you don't have to like him but why would you not try to learn from him? For what's its worth I don't like his delivery but how anyone can argue with the point is beyond me,

and how did not seeking advice from world class riders work out for you?

Where have I said that I didn't seek advice off other world class riders ?

Edited by robert72

I agree that a rider can look at what Tai (or anyone else of the top riders) do and see if there is anything they can do similar or if there is anything they can learn.

However that does not mean that just copying Tai's way of doing things is going to work for another rider.

Here is an interview with rally driver Jari-Matti Latvala. Obviously rallying and speedway are different things but I still think it is relevant for the discussion,

Jari-Matti Latvala has talked of the pressure he felt at Volkswagen last year and how his failure to match the achievements of team-mate Sébastien Ogier prompted a drastic change of approach that ultimately backfired.

Latvala tried a radical approach with the set-up of his Polo R in an effort to emulate his rival's success.

"Being in the same car, I thought I will do the exactly the same set-up as Seb. If we drive the same car, it will be only about the driving," he explained.

"But every driver has little differences to their style and set-up. So in trying to drive like Sébastien, trying to brake the same way, I went away from my own identity and my own style.

After four months I had dropped even more. I just couldn't do it the same way. "The only way for me is to drive the way I have learned and am confident with -

not to try to copy what anybody else is doing. Even the world champion."

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/february-2017/latvala-and-ogier-/page/4329--12-12-.html

Edited by Ghostwalker

If I was a speedway rider and Tai Woffinden invited me to any sort of training (apart from media/PR!), frankly invited me anywhere I go, I'd follow and I'd copy. I certainly wouldn't ignore his offer.

If the rest can't take advice and help off one of the best riders of recent times then they're morons!

It's possible they dislike him so much that they won't possibly take his advice.
  • Like 4

Where have I said that I didn't seek advice off other world class riders ?

Im sure in that fantasy world you beat many world champions.

Go back under your rock

Im sure in that fantasy world you beat many world champions.

Go back under your rock

I didn't buy friendship with riders

I didn't buy friendship with riders

start down that route again pal and theres trouble.

you live in your own moronic little warped world where you believe you lined up against world champions when time and again you cant prove anything.

My uncle did used to sponsor Mark when he was a young mascot, maybe if more people did that for young british talent then they could boost their careers.

My uncle could have helped you maybe but you were so rubbish that nobody would have noticed.

Ive told you before start mocking my deceased family members and i will respond

start down that route again pal and theres trouble.

you live in your own moronic little warped world where you believe you lined up against world champions when time and again you cant prove anything.

My uncle did used to sponsor Mark when he was a young mascot, maybe if more people did that for young british talent then they could boost their careers.

My uncle could have helped you maybe but you were so rubbish that nobody would have noticed.

Ive told you before start mocking my deceased family members and i will respond

He didn't FFS do you ever give it a rest

• Like 1

Yes he did.

Gavan has many faults, but he isn't in the wrong here.

Yes, he shouldn't respond, but don't blame the victim, if Robert72 wasn't such a troll the problem wouldn't occur.

Edited by BWitcher

Yes he did.

Gavan has many faults, but he isn't in the wrong here.

Yes, he shouldn't respond, but don't blame the victim, if Robert72 wasn't such a troll the problem wouldn't occur.

I wonder what trolls did before the internet, I mean surely they are just displaying their natural tendencies to disrupt and cause unrest, so how would this behaviour have manifested itself in the real world?

Somebody behaving like robert72 does on here would not last 5 minutes in any actual real life social situations, well certainly none that included my presence anyway.

Are they basically loners who find a voice from behind their keyboard?

Either way they are a bloody nuisance.

i apologise to those i offended.

Robert72 is a troll who mocked my family before and his quote 'i dont buy friendship with riders' was aimed at me and my family and i wont take that lying down

yes he did and no where my family is concerned i wont give it a rest