British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Save Coventry Bees Campaign (dont Give Up)

I know we are all hurting and everything feels negative at the moment but the worst thing we can do is give up. We know we won't be racing this year which is a huge blow but we need to do all we can to try and make sure this isn't the end for good.

The Coventry Observer are the first to openly take action. They have started a campaign to save Coventry Speedway.

https://coventryobserver.co.uk/?p=45969

Twitter quote: First Save Our Bees story going up tonight at 7.30pm. An interesting read. The campaign to get the Bees back on track has started! #SOB

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 5

There is no link to click on once you open the page? ?

There should be a page from the observer when you click. Working for me

• Like 1

He doesn't mention not trusting Horton 🤔 He says he trusts Sandhu and Colin Pratt.

All the hints coming from those in the know suggest the issue is Brandon Estates.

This is the most worthwhile of causes. I want the Bees back as much as anyone.

Be careful people, please. Let's not take sides just yet till ALL the facts are known.

Conclusions are not accurate just because someone proclaims them as the truth.

The experience so far is that the people who really know what's going on, are the ones who are saying the least.

• Like 3

He doesn't mention not trusting Horton 🤔 He says he trusts Sandhu and Colin Pratt.

All the hints coming from those in the know suggest the issue is Brandon Estates.

I would certainly trust Colin Pratt. Riders are bound to trust Sandhu because let's be honest when he owned us he was damn good at it. Since he sold the club and stadium I'm not sure he has the same motivation for speedway as he did then. I'm willing to be convinced that he still cares though as I do believe IF his intentions are actually good then the club can still come back and thrive. Some think that some of this was about getting rid of Horton I'm starting to think that's a possibility

As for the campaign I absolutely back this, the journalist who started this is a Bees fan so you know his intentions are good. We should also back Jeff Davies and Dave Rowe who are trying to help us to run in 2018

Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

I would certainly trust Colin Pratt. Riders are bound to trust Sandhu because let's be honest when he owned us he was damn good at it. Since he sold the club and stadium I'm not sure he has the same motivation for speedway as he did then. I'm willing to be convinced that he still cares though as I do believe if his intentions are actually good then the club can still come back and thrive. Some think that some of this was about getting rid of Horton I'm starting to think that's a possibility

As for the campaign I absolutely back this, the journalist who started this is a Bees fan so you know his intentions are good. We should also back Jeff Davies and Dave Rowe who are trying to help us to run in 2018

I'm all for the campaign, but without wishing to sound negative, how are we going to run and where.

I'm all for the campaign, but without wishing to sound negative, how are we going to run and where.

Well this is the sticking point but we as fans have to make it difficult as possible for the site owners. If rumours are correct that they are willing to sell it shows that it's already working.

• Like 1

This is a statement by Mick Horton as on the SGB/BSPA site. I cannot seat as Posted elsewhere on this thread. If it has been I apologise and if posted out me I will HIDE this Post:

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.31838

Thanks for the link.

This line in Mr Horton's statement caught my eye: There was no indication at all to suggest the future of Coventry Speedway was the subject of debate. In fact, the meeting covered far more important matters within the sport.

What on earth could that be?

Why is Colin Pratt mentioned? He has to my knowledge nothing to do with Coventry anymore has he??

Isn't he on the MCC