British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Save Coventry Bees Campaign (dont Give Up)

Whilst I support the campaign I fear it is far too late. Also Coventry without Brandon is not Coventry.

• Like 4

Whilst I support the campaign I fear it is far too late. Also Coventry without Brandon is not Coventry.

Brandon history makes Coventry the team they were..... without Brandon, they would be just be another team ......

• Like 1

Brandon history makes Coventry the team they were..... without Brandon, they would be just be another team ......

Thats still a damn sight more than we currently are

• Like 3

Why not? If it is facts and true what is the problem.Whats all this come out eventually among speedway promotions.!!!

There are confidentiality agreements at this moment.

At this moment I'd take a track in a field

• Like 1

SAVE OUR BEES: Help support our campaign by joining us outside Coventry Stadium next week

THE COVENTRY Observer is inviting everyone supporting our Save Our Bees campaign to join us outside Coventry Stadium next Friday for a special photo call.

Since launching our campaign on Monday, we have received tremendous support and we now want to make it publicly clear what this club means to the people of Coventry.

On Friday, March 10, at 4pm outside Coventry Stadium we will be hosting a photo-call and we want fans of all generations to turn out and show their support for the world-famous club.

There will be opportunities to tell us what the Coventry Bees speedway team means to you and add what you think can be done from here to help save your club.

We are asking fans to aim to get to the stadium for 3.30pm with a group photo taking place between 4pm and 4.15pm giving fans time to make their way to the stadium following the school-run.

There will also be the opportunity to have your own individual picture taken to support our campaign.

We will be meeting outside the main entrance to the stadium.

Campaign leader Shaun Reynolds said: This club cannot be lost.

As a keen follower of speedway, I was extremely saddened to hear the news when checking my phone on Sunday morning.

Last year we ran a series of features with riders, MPs and campaigners about concern surrounding the future of the Bees.

We received tremendous support, and we hope our campaign can help bring the Bees back to life in time for 2018 season.

The Bees has a tremendous fan-base, its a community club people interact at the track, online and friends are made for life.

Lets keep this community spirit going.

Were inviting everyone fans, riders, residents to turn out and show your support for your club.

Bring a flag, bring an airhorn, bring a friend and wear your most extravagant Coventry Bees jacket. Lets show Coventry how much we love this club.

• Like 1

SAVE OUR BEES: Help support our campaign by joining us outside Coventry Stadium next week

THE COVENTRY Observer is inviting everyone supporting our Save Our Bees campaign to join us outside Coventry Stadium next Friday for a special photo call.

Since launching our campaign on Monday, we have received tremendous support and we now want to make it publicly clear what this club means to the people of Coventry.

On Friday, March 10, at 4pm outside Coventry Stadium we will be hosting a photo-call and we want fans of all generations to turn out and show their support for the world-famous club.

There will be opportunities to tell us what the Coventry Bees speedway team means to you and add what you think can be done from here to help save your club.

We are asking fans to aim to get to the stadium for 3.30pm with a group photo taking place between 4pm and 4.15pm giving fans time to make their way to the stadium following the school-run.

There will also be the opportunity to have your own individual picture taken to support our campaign.

We will be meeting outside the main entrance to the stadium.

Campaign leader Shaun Reynolds said: This club cannot be lost.

As a keen follower of speedway, I was extremely saddened to hear the news when checking my phone on Sunday morning.

Last year we ran a series of features with riders, MPs and campaigners about concern surrounding the future of the Bees.

We received tremendous support, and we hope our campaign can help bring the Bees back to life in time for 2018 season.

The Bees has a tremendous fan-base, its a community club people interact at the track, online and friends are made for life.

Lets keep this community spirit going.

Were inviting everyone fans, riders, residents to turn out and show your support for your club.

Bring a flag, bring an airhorn, bring a friend and wear your most extravagant Coventry Bees jacket. Lets show Coventry how much we love this club.

you're finished I'm afraid!

you're finished I'm afraid!

Well that's me convinced we will be back..

• Like 3

Well that's me convinced we will be back..

Not a chance!

CLUB representatives are currently looking into various ways to assist Bees riders left without a Premiership team place.

One possibility is the running of a series of challenge matches involving as many of Coventrys 1-7 as possible.

For any such matches arranged, we would hope to organise a 50% share of net profits to go to the Bees riders signed for 2017.

Efforts are also being made in the media to keep the clubs situation as high-profile as possible.

BBC Coventry & Warwickshire broadcasted an hour-long Speedway Special on Monday, whilst the Coventry Observer have launched a Save Our Bees campaign they can be followed on Twitter at @covobservernews .

We hope other areas of the local media will be encouraged to follow suit to help ensure the Bees absence from competition in 2017 proves to be only a temporary blip in the clubs rich history.

Nuneaton Speedway Supporters Club have a meeting next Thursday (March 9) and will be discussing plans with their members.

Share This: Facebook Twitter

Edited by mdmc82

What a hateful post, it's not these people who stitched up Leicester in 1983, FFS, grow up..

Like I care?

... Also Coventry without Brandon is not Coventry.

Actually, Coventry at a stadium that was IN Coventry would be MORE Coventry than ever before.

Home Latest News Fixtures/Statistics Club Admission Riders Corporate Fans History Gallery

UPDATE: MARCH 6

Monday March 06, 2017

CLUB owner Mick Horton says his efforts to bring the Coventry Bees back to the tapes will continue, despite the news of their withdrawal from the 2017 SGB Premiership.

He said: Our thoughts are with the fans, riders, officials and the wider speedway world, for whom this came as shattering blow. Much has been said about these events, but the decision is final and we must now all look forward, not back.

Finding a venue to race at remains the top priority, and Horton remains in discussions with Cllr Michael Stokes and others to this end.

In the meantime, a group of dedicated fans containing expertise in several different areas including media and marketing as well as the sport itself, will ensure that Coventry Speedway will not be forgotten during 2017.

They are working on various initiatives during the season to raise funds for the riders left out-of-pocket by the last-minute decision that the Bees will not compete in 2017, as well as longer-term objectives.

The Group will be launching a website with details of their events, and representatives will be making a short presentation at the NSSC on Thursday March 9.

Horton has made public his willingness to pass the mantle on to a new owner, and invites any potential purchaser to contact him to discuss this further by email at mick@coventrybees.co .

Actually, Coventry at a stadium that was IN Coventry would be MORE Coventry than ever before.

won't happen Rugby borough is the best chance Coventry won't help at all