British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Save Coventry Bees Campaign (dont Give Up)

Just like Cradley , Long Eaton , and all the others , people will clutch at straws in vain hope , sadly this was always going to happen ,once a greedy property developer and proven liar got involved . 2 or 3 years of begging and pleading against people who have their moral compass set at me and my bank balance , and stand and protest as the bulldozers move in to see them achieve their greedy ambitions , while councillers make positive noises about a new future elsewhere but then go back to their offices and forget all about it ,, do yourselves a favour walk away with the memories of 88 great years and save yourself the frustration heartache and struggle , I most certainly will , but good luck to those who wish to put themselves through it

Very sad to hear that the Bees will not be riding this season. Good luck to all the fans and hope to see you back on track soon.

Why is Colin Pratt mentioned? He has to my knowledge nothing to do with Coventry anymore has he??

He is part of the BSPA board who pulled the plug on Coventry Bees.

Just like Cradley , Long Eaton , and all the others , people will clutch at straws in vain hope , sadly this was always going to happen ,once a greedy property developer and proven liar got involved . 2 or 3 years of begging and pleading against people who have their moral compass set at me and my bank balance , and stand and protest as the bulldozers move in to see them achieve their greedy ambitions , while councillers make positive noises about a new future elsewhere but then go back to their offices and forget all about it ,, do yourselves a favour walk away with the memories of 88 great years and save yourself the frustration heartache and struggle , I most certainly will , but good luck to those who wish to put themselves through it

As I have said elsewhere, this all reminds me of the efforts to relocate Wimbledon after they were forced out of the stadium by owners GRA. That was in 2005 - there followed several years of activity with possible venues mentioned. Then, as time progresses, it all died down.

It's easy to generate enthusiasm for a cause in its early days - sadly, over time that evaporates as people realise nothing is being achieved. To say 'lets find a new base' is easy enough - it's actually finding such a place and more importantly finding the money to finance it.

I have had an interest in Coventry happenings since the legendary and speedway great Jack Parker brought them back into the sport in 1948. I find it very sad that at the present time the club is no more. TBH I wish the campaign to keep Coventry speedway alive all success but also have reservations as to its success. Let's hope I am proved wrong.

Oh yes and he loved being sacked by Mick when he took over. No axe to grind there. ;)

• Like 1

Just a thought,

Does a new promoter have to buy the rights from Horton?

Legally no. Horton just holds the rights to the rider assets & name.

He holds no rights to where & when the Bees ride.

A new club just needs to be formed, let me think......... Oh yeah, Brandon Bees Ltd.

it's enough to hold the clubs rights free of charge.

Any potential owners /monies raised then can be put forward to purchasing the land back from Brandon Estates.

This is where the stumbling block is as Brandon Estates got the land on the cheap.

I'd hazard at a guess of £4m will need to be found, this would include land purchase & the regeneration of the stadium.

Just a thought,

Does a new promoter have to buy the rights from Horton?

Legally no. Horton just holds the rights to the rider assets & name.

He holds no rights to where & when the Bees ride.

A new club just needs to be formed, let me think......... Oh yeah, Brandon Bees Ltd.

it's enough to hold the clubs rights free of charge.

Any potential owners /monies raised then can be put forward to purchasing the land back from Brandon Estates.

This is where the stumbling block is as Brandon Estates got the land on the cheap.

I'd hazard at a guess of £4m will need to be found, this would include land purchase & the regeneration of the stadium.

Technically we could just set up a new club. The issue is a stadium obviously but I think there is plenty more to come regarding the ownership of the stadium. I do wonder if they just want out as Horton now does.

Technically we could just set up a new club. The issue is a stadium obviously but I think there is plenty more to come regarding the ownership of the stadium. I do wonder if they just want out as Horton now does.

Brandon Estates do want out, they've already said they'd sell up.

But they'll only release the land at the right price.

£2m isn't going to cut it with them

Why would Sandhu and Colin Pratt want Speedway back at Brandon. Colin is at Swindon now.....doesn't make sense!

Didn't Mr Pratt leave Coventry because of Horton.????????????

Think Horton pulled his own plug.mmmm !!!!!

Oh yes and he loved being sacked by Mick when he took over. No axe to grind there. ;)

Think Colin walked before the rubbish hit the fan at the time. The day as now come.

Horton knows a lot more than he is letting on.! IMO

Of course he does but he's not allowed to say! Same as Cllr Stokes who said it will come out eventually.

Of course he does but he's not allowed to say! Same as Cllr Stokes who said it will come out eventually.

Why not? If it is facts and true what is the problem.Whats all this come out eventually among speedway promotions.!!!

Didn't Mr Pratt leave Coventry because of Horton.????????????

Think Horton pulled his own plug.mmmm !!!!!

Think Colin walked before the rubbish hit the fan at the time. The day as now come.

no horton send colin a text message saying your no longer required .....

Please girls and boys. I realise its very easy for an outsider to say, but please try your hardest to keep this historic club going.

Keep badgering every single person you can that might just show any interest on keeping The Bees on the map and racing.

None of us want to loose you, even if we never win against you