Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
mac101

Sky To Pull Out.

I'm not surprised by this if true.

Buster has said he was looking into what hold GoSpeed has over British Speedway.

Maybe this is partly to do with the BSPA disbanding of GoSpeed?!?!

british speedway will be extinct in 5 yrs

No it won't.

• Like 2

I was told last year that BT were interested in league Speedway.

It looks like it's coming sooner than expected.

Hopefully BT are paying more than SKY screwed us down to.

Personally , I don't have Sky so not bothered.

Last year I was with Sky (£49pm) but not Sky Sport. I was also with Plusnet for tel/b-band (£27pm), paid an extra £10pm (monthly contract) for access to BT Sport to get the speedway GP's (and also Moto GP).... so that was £86pm !!!!!!

Thats a lot of money..... too much.

End of Jan'17 I quit Sky (now watch Freesat thro the Sky box with the same Sky card in-not as many channels [no Eurosport])

Mid May my Plusnet contract ends, so free to get Tel/B-Band/TV package and I was thinking going to BT.

Anyone with any dealings with BT ie customer service, content of TV package etc.???????

BT had some deals recently where BT Sport was free until July'17 - anyone know how much it would be after that (presumably a normal price)??????

What makes making a new contract even better is that up till now my b/band speed has been 1.2mb/s but from Openreach website my postcode shows I am up not only fibre b/band but high speed b/band.

Not interested in fantastically high sppeds as I dont download films (and it comes at a price) but after 1.2 for the last 6 years anything in double figures would do me....20mb/s would be nice

Edited by OveFundinFan

Oh dear.

Can cancel Sky Sports now if nothing else.

Same here.

Me and the missus were just discussing the other day about getting rid of Sky as it is too expensive.

If BT do take over then that maybe the cue to say..... bye bye Sky :t:

Just cancel Sky and they will phone you up every other day with a better deal ,they are down to £27 a month for basic + Sky sports with me with no contract ( still not took it though).

Just cancel Sky and they will phone you up every other day with a better deal ,they are down to £27 a month for basic + Sky sports with me with no contract ( still not took it though).

True they do not like you to go without a fight. :lol:

BT IMO are the most unprincipled greedy avaricious outfit going.i

• Like 4

BT IMO are the most unprincipled greedy avaricious outfit going.i

Compared to Sky? Are you having a laugh? How Sky can justify over £50 PCM (without deals) for a TV package including sports and movies is beyond me.

If Sky pull out, I still believe speedway is a great marketable package for BT or Eurosport... all that is needed is a good PR machine from the BSPA to generate interest.

Compared to Sky? Are you having a laugh? How Sky can justify over £50 PCM (without deals) for a TV package including sports and movies is beyond me.

If Sky pull out, I still believe speedway is a great marketable package for BT or Eurosport... all that is needed is a good PR machine from the BSPA to generate interest.

Having dealt with both outfits I stand by my comments.

The most important thing for viewers is that Speedway fans will be able to watch UK Speedway on TV in 2017.

There may not be as many meetings as before but something is better than nothing and some viewers with 4K televisions will get to see Speedway in Ultra HD

Edited by flagrag
  • Like 1

Bummer.

Was happy to use Nowtv to get Sky Sports.

Never going to touch BT.

Been there twice before and the customer service - well there are no words in the English/Scottish language that would adequately describe them.

• Like 7

So the argument that the BSPA let Coventry go adrift when BV was assured of running because we needed 8 teams in the top division to keep SKY was, like most postings, pure speculation. SKY were leaving anyway.

• Like 4

I was told last week by a credible source that BT were keen to show British speedway.

The suggestion was that it would be a better deal for the sport than what Sky were paying and there could also be a way to get out of the GoSpeed stranglehold.

I assumed they were talking about when the current Sky contract ends at the back end of 2018, so I didn't really pursue the conversation further. If it's going to happen sooner it sounds like it might be good news.

• Like 1