British Speedway Forum
mac101

Sky To Pull Out.

One that has to be remembered in broadcasting things can change very quickly. One minute you think that you are going on one direction and then another factor can happen which changes the direction that you were previously working on.

Only last week I thought that we was going to be using some specific technology for the upcoming Cricket season I had researched the product at length wrote up my findings ,Negotiated the pricing and agreed the dates. For then two days later being told change of plan we want to do it this way instead. That's just the nature of media and Broadcasting

Can change hour to hour in my area! Not just a few days!

Yes. :-)

I take it thats just a guess.

• Like 1

You don't always need to be able to vote. You should still be able to influence things if you're sitting in the room, or more particularly in the bar afterwards.

If they can't even persuade the ACU rep sitting in the CCP to represent their interests, then that's truly woeful.

The ACU represent only one interest and that is their own and the FIM are a league above even that of the ACU in self interest.

Now and again you'll get some very decent, well meaning people in both organisations. They will inevitably leave with very sore heads after banging them against brick walls for however long they last.

The BSPA are a wonder of forward thinking honesty in comparison.

Can't see league speedway being on BT even if it's not on Sky. Why would they take it on unless it happens to be in a contract bundle? It's not as if there are likely to be hundreds of thousands ( or even tens of thousands ) of new subscribers. The BSPA must know the state of any pull out discussions but never even say if it"s ongoing

So according to todays Daily Mail,Sky have ditched top flight British speedway.

So according to todays Daily Mail,Sky have ditched top flight British speedway.

surprise surprise BT only hope left then

''Sky are ditching their coverage of speedway's Elite League. It is another hammer blow for the sport after a botched opening of a speedway-specific stadium in Manchester that is now in financial difficulty and the closing of the Coventry track. The one hope for British speedway is that BT will pick up the rights.''

Does not make pleasant reading and shows how terrible the BSPA must be at managing Public Relations, lets hope BT Sport can see past all this and realise what a wonderfully exciting sport Speedway can be.... 4 riders, 4 laps, no brakes and no reward for finishing last!

Edited by jchapman
  • Like 3

The ACU represent only one interest and that is their own and the FIM are a league above even that of the ACU in self interest.

Now and again you'll get some very decent, well meaning people in both organisations. They will inevitably leave with very sore heads after banging them against brick walls for however long they last.

The BSPA are a wonder of forward thinking honesty in comparison.

Dare i mention the great idea of taking the world U21s to Argentina and the very successful world league.Both coming from the FIM chief Armando himself.We just can't wait for his next super idea.......can we?

• Like 1

I have always hoped Speedway would move to ITV4.

Channel has great Motor Sport already and seems the right place.

Also Speedway would get advertised on the main ITV Channel.

I guess you reap what you sow..

Years of downgrading the product, the top league in Speedway (GB) is now on a par as the 2nd league was around the early 2000's

Top riders, no longer prepared to ride for peanuts, in comparison to the rich pickings now that can be earned in ex-iron curtain Country of Poland, and in Sweden, Denmark..

What we need to do now is go the whole hog and ditch all foreign riders, and start from scratch again, continually watering down the quality of the product has failed to save Speedway as a "BEST in its class" sport..

Back to basics... Otherwise the sport will be back to the dark ages, and racing in farmers fields...

• Like 1

A concern is that if there is no income from tv will any of the premier league clubs not be able to afford to see out this season let alone next year and onwards?.

Edited by A ORLOV

When i cancelled my Sky Sports subscription last week,and told the adviser the reason why,his reply was "The pot,s probably empty mate".

Probably meaning the £10 million per Premier league match that they have to pay,has over stretched their budget.