British Speedway Forum
mac101

Sky To Pull Out.

But i bet you didn't stipulate what you wanted sky sports for. Very few do..

oh, a did,,, its the only excuse I could use not to watch young peoples telly :-(

am a bit of an expert on Ben & Holly, if there was a 'mastermind' on it, I would enter it,,,

a even know the 'wise old elfs' real name ;)

if you keep sky and add BT sports, are you able to record and pause,ff,rew ?

am bound to sky sports till July and 'honestly' only took it out for speedway, would that render Sky liable to compensate me as am not getting what I signed up for ?

I haven't cancelled or broke any agreement (not with Sky anyway) ;)

Sky Sports can be cancelled any time with a months notice. So you can always drop back to the basic £20 package.

Sky Sports can be cancelled any time with a months notice. So you can always drop back to the basic £20 package.

a think as a new customer, I signed up for a 12 mth 'discounted' package, which keeps me there till July,,, but if they've pulled the plug am sure I should be able to also.

I am also on a discounted package till July,but i have dropped Sports and Cinema.My package has dropped from £93 to £57.(that includes Talk/Broadband).

Just been to my parents. They have cut down a lot over the years tv wise. But for basic sky tv they signed a contract with sky for 30 ish pounds a month. And I mean very basic too. They are also paying nearly 50 a month for calls Internet and line rental with bt. So 80 pounds where tomorrow I'm going to hopefully be able to halve that at least for them and upgrade to fibrotic just by contacting bt nd asking them for a package what will alsi include the entertainmentnplus bt sports.When contracts expire it sure gets expensive if you just let it be. I was shocked! They are both late 60s and didn't really think they could get more for much less.

I know there is some stuff out there where you can get stuff for nothing. But that wouldn't be the case if sky were reasonable with prices. I hope bt stays at a nice inclusive level because if not. Those other options become a little less tasteless.

It shows, Danny, that loyalty means nothing these days. I have learnt to shop around for likes of car insurance, house/contents insurance etc. Lat December my Sky bill was £49pm and tel/bband another £28pm.

I am changing to BT tel & fast fibre b/band c/w tv entertainment plus package in 2 rooms (had to pay £99 for 2nd tv box, but for £43pm. Thats a 12 month contract but was told in 12 months time due to go up £20 month but was told just talk to us and a deal will be made. Hope you get your Mum and Dad sorted well.

thanks, av just binned sky sports, so saved a few quid,,,

dunno if I can justify getting btsports now for a few matches tho :(

thanks, av just binned sky sports, so saved a few quid,,,

dunno if I can justify getting btsports now for a few matches tho :(

A few matches - 11 GP's, and 18 british league matches.

Heres a link to BT fibre b/band at a speed of upto 52mbps, unlimited monthly usage for under £30pm (includes line rental) for 12 month contract. Add £8pm for a TV box and BT Sport 1234 free until Aug then £3.50pm. A bargain I think.

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband-packages/?s_cid=con_maxus_display_vidZ60&vendorid=Z60&dclid=CKev4JSd1NICFXWi7QodLVkIIg

Heres a link to BT fibre b/band at a speed of upto 52mbps, unlimited monthly usage for under £30pm (includes line rental) for 12 month contract. Add £8pm for a TV box and BT Sport 1234 free until Aug then £3.50pm. A bargain I think.

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband-packages/?s_cid=con_maxus_display_vidZ60&vendorid=Z60&dclid=CKev4JSd1NICFXWi7QodLVkIIg

You forgot 4 SWC, 4 SEC & 3 best pairs. Still a chance that Eurosport might show Swedish League too.
  • Like 1

How many speedway fans think at least 7 less matches (Sky originally stated they will do at least 25) is a treat? And how many speedway fans, who subscribe to Sky Sports, but not BT think that either losing their speedway on TV or incurring a greater cost is a treat.

Two points to make.

1. Speedway is on TV, we had years without it. Cancel Sky Sports and subscribe to BT Sports, not rocket science. Either pay your money to watch it or don't, it's your money, your choice.

2. Less matches is a shame, but some of the dross on Sky last season won't be missed. What I am hoping is Terry Russell is good to his word when he says "“We are also working hard with the clubs to make every TV meeting an exciting event, to promote it hard and make it work for everyone." If he does that and ensures the majority of TV meetings have fantastic race tracks then we will be entertained, and with luck BT Sport will ask for more matches next season.

On another note, someone please tell me BT Sport have invested in a new commentator! I guess I can live in hope on that one.

For those looking to change their broadband to BT then BT have today launched a cracking deal for their unlimited infinity 1 fibre broadband:

Unlimited fibre broadband £10/mth for the year

Standard BT line rental £18.99/month

Weekend calls to UK landlines are included

You pay £59.99 set-up costs. Includes activation and p&p for the free router.

Get £200 back on a prepaid Mastercard & £50 cashback but you MUST claim them. This makes the deal really hot, but annoyingly BT won't remind you.

Cost analysis: You pay £407.87 but claim the cashback & use the Mastercard (anywhere that takes Mastercard) & it's £157.87, equivalent to £13.16/mth

If you want to add entertainment plus TV package choose the second option to get it for just an extra £8 a month. Don't do it via the first option.

The deal ends next Tuesday 21st March.

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/affiliates/broadband-packages-a/index.html?aff=cable&packageId=AFF-UINF1-UWC,AFF-UBB-UWC-MoCo-Y,AFF-UINF1-UWC-ENTPLU&s_cid=con_cic_aff_affwin_vidAJM_broadband&vendorid=AJM&utm_source=Affwin&utm_medium=Ref&utm_campaign=Affiliate&awc=3041_1489559737_9977eb5ac1d601474feb628743444ae4&dclid=CPCwjLjy19ICFY_gGwodI4AGbQ

Edited by Noodles

Which GP are you not going to watch this season ?? 12 this year ;)

Just a thought - but I wonder how long it'll take clubs to remove the Sky Sports logo from all their merchandise, websites and promotional material and replace it with BT SPORT??

I bet there will be more than a few P&P days with the Sky Sports logo still highly visible!!

Edited by Skidder1

For those looking to change their broadband to BT then BT have today launched a cracking deal for their unlimited infinity 1 fibre broadband:

Can I just add that I have been with BT Broadband for two years now, switching to Infinity Fibre when it came online in my village. I get 52 Meg download speed that never varies, and in two years it has been totally reliable, with the connection never having failed. There have been cheaper deals out there, but BT seem to be doing a tremendous amount of marketing at the moment for all their products, and I wouldn't dream of changing as its been so reliable. I just thought I would mention that as many of you must be looking at BT broadband and BT sport products at the moment.

• Like 1