British Speedway Forum
mac101

Sky To Pull Out.

Additives like Redex, for petrol or diesel, claim to clean the injector tips thus gaining an efficient flow of fuel leading to extra mpg. Also can reduce black smoke from diesel engines particularly if used on shorter runs.

I was told once, a few years ago that if you buy a vehicle from new, you should always stick to the same oil..

I mean natural oil or synthetic oil, anyone else subjected to this info, be it true, or snake oil??

Not heard that before, SS. Since I bought the 2 cars me and the wife have, both second hand, my garage has used semi-synthetic. They seem to be going ok.

Not heard that before, SS. Since I bought the 2 cars me and the wife have, both second hand, my garage has used semi-synthetic. They seem to be going ok.

That may well be ok, I was told if you run a vehicle on synthetic oil, you shouldn't then change to a non-synthetic oil, and vica-versa. I guess if you stick with semi-syhthetic, that's probably ok also....

Years ago when synthetic first came out it used to emulsify if mixed with the non synthetic but as far as I know that's no longer the case.

For those looking to change their broadband to BT then BT have today launched a cracking deal for their unlimited infinity 1 fibre broadband:

Can I just add that I have been with BT Broadband for two years now, switching to Infinity Fibre when it came online in my village. I get 52 Meg download speed that never varies, and in two years it has been totally reliable, with the connection never having failed. There have been cheaper deals out there, but BT seem to be doing a tremendous amount of marketing at the moment for all their products, and I wouldn't dream of changing as its been so reliable. I just thought I would mention that as many of you must be looking at BT broadband and BT sport products at the moment.

The only way I can get BT Sport is via Sky TV (which I don't currently have but could get for about £9.00 a month extra) as BT Infinity broadband is not in my area - I'm not exactly in some back water location - for the pleasure it will cost an additional £27.99 a month which is more than my Sky broadband/telephone package. If I switch from SKY to BT broadband to enable me to get BT Sport for £7.50 a month it'll probably cost me £22.00 or more for just getting TV via SKY, on top of the BT broadband costs - it's a lose/ lose situation from what I can see :'(

Edited by kitten2502

The only way I can get BT Sport is via Sky TV (which I don't currently have but could get for about £9.00 a month extra) as BT Infinity broadband is not in my area - I'm not exactly in some back water location - for the pleasure it will cost an additional £27.99 a month which is more than my Sky broadband/telephone package. If I switch from SKY to BT broadband to enable me to get BT Sport for £7.50 a month it'll probably cost me £22.00 or more for just getting TV via SKY, on top of the BT broadband costs - it's a lose/ lose situation from what I can see :'(

There is probably not an easy answer to this Kitten. You said already you have Sky broadband, so you could switch to BT broadband/telephone and it may be fast enough to get BT sport without going down the fibre route, which you said is not in your area yet. I'd suggest going on the BT broadband web site, put in your postcode, and see what predicted (normal) broadband speed they can offer you compared to Sky. Its usually fairly accurate. You can check your current speed on http://www.speedtest.net/ Then have a look at the various BT TV offers that they have and you may find a suitable one that offers BT sport without needing fibre. Although I have fibre in my village, I didn't choose it for the speedway, it was just because I like a decent fast internet connection as I use it a lot. I do actually get my BT Sport via my Sky box I should add. If you ring BT and have a chat with them about your situation, and explain you would like BT sport to watch speedway, they may suggest a suitable package that we are not aware of. Its always worth investigating, as nothing is lost by having a chat, I hope you find a cost effective solution, as I know it can be frustrating knowing its being televised and you can't watch it!

Edited by Superstars

Had Virgin Media for almost 3 years without a problem. Unfortunately it's not reached Berwick yet, so I'll be looking at my options when the move has completed.

Not sure if BT infinity is available up there either

Edited by Shads

There is probably not an easy answer to this Kitten. You said already you have Sky broadband, so you could switch to BT broadband/telephone and it may be fast enough to get BT sport without going down the fibre route, which you said is not in your area yet. I'd suggest going on the BT broadband web site, put in your postcode, and see what predicted (normal) broadband speed they can offer you compared to Sky. Its usually fairly accurate. You can check your current speed on http://www.speedtest.net/ Then have a look at the various BT TV offers that they have and you may find a suitable one that offers BT sport without needing fibre. Although I have fibre in my village, I didn't choose it for the speedway, it was just because I like a decent fast internet connection as I use it a lot. I do actually get my BT Sport via my Sky box I should add. If you ring BT and have a chat with them about your situation, and explain you would like BT sport to watch speedway, they may suggest a suitable package that we are not aware of. Its always worth investigating, as nothing is lost by having a chat, I hope you find a cost effective solution, as I know it can be frustrating knowing its being televised and you can't watch it!

Just have BT normal broadband, no issues with BT Sport's quality of viewing...

(Apart from Michael Owen obviously)....

Had Virgin Media for almost 3 years without a problem. Unfortunately it's not reached Berwick yet, so I'll be looking at my options when the move has completed.

Not sure if BT infinity is available up there either

Just have BT normal broadband, no issues with BT Sport's quality of viewing...

(Apart from Michael Owen obviously)....

I have had that conversation with BT and my broadband speed is not sufficient to get BT sport directly - I'll just have to put up with the very frustrating buffering version using my sisters login on my laptop hdmi'd to my TV.

Hopefully Shads you'll have a decent enough standard broadband speed to enable you to get BT Sports - fingers crossed.

Edited by kitten2502

Hopefully Shads you'll have a decent enough standard broadband speed to enable you to get BT Sports - fingers crossed.

Just checked and BT infinity is available in Berwick 😃

And not in my area of Birmingham 😠. Seems you're going to be sorted then 👍

Edited by kitten2502

I've got Sky Talk/Broadband,but not going to change untill i can get either Fibre or Infinity.In the meantime,i am going to try SportsNation HD @ £6 for one weeks viewing to see if it's any good.You can receive all Sky and BT sport's channels via Google Play Store>Matrix TV>SportsNation HD

If you use Sky and want BT Sport, groupon has a half price deal, It is £11.49 a month with 3 months free HD.

Offer runs until 25/3.

Sportnation HD is very good so if you choose to go down this route I would do the £26 for 6 months offer.

If you use Sky and want BT Sport, groupon has a half price deal, It is £11.49 a month with 3 months free HD.

Offer runs until 25/3.

Sportnation HD is very good so if you choose to go down this route I would do the £26 for 6 months offer.

What actually is Sportnation? If you have to get it from Google Play, is it for a phone?