British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NSSC News

Campaign To Get Coventry Bees Back Racing In 2018.

I've just been made redundant I'd rather it went to me

• Like 1

I find that OTT & wrong

Only 1 rider has been hit badly.

5 will have 2 teams to ride for come mid season providing they all remain uninjured for their championship sides & KB may get fixed up with Belle Vue.

Sargeant is likely to find a championship slot quite quickly

But riders have paid for Kevlars and machinery expecting to get a wage riding in the top league. This fund is only for 2 months to help them during that time, I believe the next stage would then be raising money for our future.

Edit to add that the funds will be distributed based on the 'hardship' of riders. Sarj for example has no club at all and has spent 7k on equipment, as it stands he would receive the most. He's looking for a day job at present.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

The whole idea of the Just Giving page is to give fans an easy way to offer financial support to the Bees riders if they want to. Jeff Davies and David Rowe asked if the NSSC would administer the appeal to reassure fans that the funds will be managed independently and distributed fairly.

The appeal will last for 60 days plus another 5/7 days to receive the money from Just Giving which takes us up to mid May. At that point we will know each riders situation and will endeavour to distribute the money as fairly as possible.

This short term appeal is only the first step in the developing rescue plan.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/NSSCspeedway

Russ Bott NSSC

• Like 1

Still wrong imo.

There will be riders that get injured in the 1st weeks of the season that would have paid out £1000's for nothing in return.

Riders come and go through financial difficulty all the time, is sad but that's Speedway.

The main focus should be on the club alone and nothing else

• Like 2

But riders have paid for Kevlars and machinery expecting to get a wage riding in the top league. This fund is only for 2 months to help them during that time, I believe the next stage would then be raising money for our future.

Edit to add that the funds will be distributed based on the 'hardship' of riders. Sarj for example has no club at all and has spent 7k on equipment, as it stands he would receive the most. He's looking for a day job at present.

Nice idea for the fans to support the riders outlay in the short term. At the end of the day we have to choice to contribute or not.

What I don't understand is why the riders cant sue the promotion (or BSPA?), for loss of earnings?

• Like 1

Still wrong imo.

There will be riders that get injured in the 1st weeks of the season that would have paid out £1000's for nothing in return.

Riders come and go through financial difficulty all the time, is sad but that's Speedway.

So don't donate. It's entirely up to you. As it is NSSC have over the years donated thousands to various (Bees) from 50/50 sale and this is no different really, just the money is coming in a different way.

Still wrong imo.

but those riders will get assistance - via their insurance and potentially the Ben fund.

Someone like Sarj wont qualify for either.

Still wrong imo.

They are whistlling in the wind mate..

A bit like every time you post then.

A bit like every time you post then.

Yeh, something like that... Funny how you jumped on my post when somebody else said the self same thing.

Edited by Starman2006

Yeh, something like that... Funny how you jumped on my post when somebody else said the self same thing.

Erm SCB did!

Why are you so hateful. Is there really any need?

Has the justgiving page been pulled?

It does seem to have disappeared. :unsure:

Why are you so hateful. Is there really any need?

Not being hateful my little flower, just speaking the truth. ;)

Erm SCB did!

There you go. But because i said it im being hateful.