British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Best Pairs 3rd Round Thursday 17th August Live On Eurosport

Evening Pawel.

We're being told on Eurosport that Smolinski has some of Nicki Pedersen's machinery but it looks as though Nicki kept the best bits for himself.

Another snorefest from Poland, turning off now.

Another snorefest from Poland, turning off now.

Ok, enjoy emmerdale.

The way I see it we are blessed to get as much live speedway as we do and there are bound to be poor meetings amongst them, trouble is you never know when they'll happen. The racing isn't great but for me it's always worth looking in.

• Like 2

Super ride by what looks like Poole's new 2018 signing Kacper Woryna. On a 4 and a bit average as well.

• Like 1

Super ride by what looks like Poole's new 2018 signing Kacper Woryna. On a 4 and a bit average as well.

Was a great ride, didn't think he'd be able to keep Bart at bay but he rode a great race.

Also enjoyed that aerial shot of Woffinden with his back wheel less than a foot away from the fence, impressive skill.

Good ride by Madsen in 14 but Kai seemed preoccupied with his loose fork cover.

Unfortunately a rubbish meeting , borefest track with one wide line.

I think it quite a decent meeting although I do struggle to get into the team format of it

Good final

Great final worth waiting for. Woffy on fire and Holder rode well to.

Edited by marky

video all races short Polish version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUv7zT5cAeA

Much appreciated, I had to miss the last 4 races last night so it was good to see the end, great ride from Woffinden in the final to keep both Poles busy and create an opening for Holder, team riding of the highest order.

Not a bad meeting in the end, the more I see of Kai Huckenbeck the more I like, he's only 24 so has plenty of time to break into the GP series, I could see him cutting it if he got in, Smolinski's chance seems to have passed him by, shame because he's a great character.

I have watched the 2nd and 3rd round but got to say I am not into best pairs, I would rather see 4 riders racing against each other, and to be honest there doesnt seem to be much team riding, very often one takes the lead and is gone, not bothered where is team mate is even if hes 2nd, the leader hasnt a clue.

I have watched the 2nd and 3rd round but got to say I am not into best pairs, I would rather see 4 riders racing against each other, and to be honest there doesnt seem to be much team riding, very often one takes the lead and is gone, not bothered where is team mate is even if hes 2nd, the leader hasnt a clue.

I suspect that's down to the way they ride the bikes these days, on the edge of everything all the time, can't afford to be purposely close to anyone for fear of the bike taking off. That said I was very impressed with Woffinden's ride in the final, there's no doubt that he created the opening for Holder to get 3rd place and seal the win, he rode every bit of the track to try and mess up the Poles and eventually the opportunity came, really enjoyed that race.