British Speedway Forum

Well it's official all speedway on BT which is interesting. More details will be announced i'm sure. What is everyone's thoughts!!!

Great news for the sport, hopefully the financial deal was the same or even better than before so clubs can meet their budgets

Great as I ditched sky 10 years ago also champions league until 2020-21 and the rugby coverage of the premiership is first class as well.

Great.

We can now cancel that Sky subscription,which we was going to do anyway.

Here is the link if anyone wants to read it .

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.31858

I think its good news for the sport just hope BT dont turn into the money grabbing fat cats like Sky have become .

Just swapped from Bt to Sky so the local pub or rellies to view.

Currently have both , get BT sport free from my Virgin Media TV package . Think i 'm going to be cancelling Sky Sports

I ditched sky sports a few months ago for BT so I am well pleased.

The article refers to 18 shows throughout the summer and autumn including the play offs. That leaves 14 shows to be scheduled between the clubs, that could be weekly June July and August with 2 in May. Is the 18 more or less than Sky? If less, is there a financial impact arising?

Currently have both , get BT sport free from my Virgin Media TV package . Think i 'm going to be cancelling Sky Sports

But even if you have Virgin media, you will still have to pay a nominal fee for the pay BT channel. i asked BT the other day..

Edit , unless you have some other way of getting it..

Edited by Starman2006

But even if you have Virgin media, you will still have to pay a nominal fee for the pay BT channel. i asked BT the other day..

Surely BT can't discuss anything that Virgin do and don't do.I had BT sports free with Virgin,but ditched Virgin in the end just didn't rate the service.

May look into going to BT now,never been with them before and it does seem they are getting all of the best sports now ahead of Sky.

Test Cricket is now the best thing on Sky.

Agree. It's the only thing I would miss that's still on Sky Sports.

From what I see apart from football BT Sport coverage is so much better. Rugby Union in particular is very good and I was impressed with the GP coverage.

Edited by woz01

Surely BT can't discuss anything that Virgin do and don't do.I had BT sports free with Virgin,but ditched Virgin in the end just didn't rate the service.

May look into going to BT now,never been with them before and it does seem they are getting all of the best sports now ahead of Sky.

But whoever you have you will still have to pay a nominal fee for the pay channel that carries champion league etc, then theres the posibillity of one month the speedway moved to BT 3 which you still have to pay for. I asked them, its there channel/s

Iam a BT Broadband user and phone line user but also have the small sky package and sports untill july on a deal, then i will dump the sports.

Edited by Starman2006