British Speedway Forum

The 'wrong' comment was a reply to a tweet suggesting the deal was for a highlights show only.

• Like 1

As others have said they may well be waiting for the football to finish and the weather to be more reliable.

So long as it's not presented by Lineker, Savage, McManaman or any those tozzers on BT Sports football. :mad:

Woz01

My mistake then on that one

Reliant Robin

Go Speed International holds the sponsorship rights to all of the Domestic British speedway leagues and competitions. We can offer anything from title sponsorships for all three British Leagues, the Elite, Premier, National, the Knock Out Cup competitions, through to web advertising, banner placements, fan interactions and much more.

An example is the title sponsorship of the Elite League which could include:

Logo on every riders racesuits

Coverage on all Sky Sports events

Branding and coverage worldwide through the leagues television coverage

Branding on the Speedway Great Britain and all clubs websites

Banner placements at all events

Programme advertising at every Elite League meeting

Fan engagement and interaction opportunities

and lots more

The 'wrong' comment was a reply to a tweet suggesting the deal was for a highlights show only.

Quite right, that is what I picked up on as well.

We can speculate all we like (and will) on the reasons why BT Sport want to wait until June.

But I think we can safely say it is not a technical reason as flagrag has answered that.

I very much doubt it it was the desirable first choice of GoSpeed or the BSPA.

It's BT Sports choice, for their own reasons, and in the position where TR found himself with Sky 'gone' it was probably just the best deal he could get. So he took it.

Edited by Grand Central

Woz01

My mistake then on that one

Reliant Robin

Go Speed International holds the sponsorship rights to all of the Domestic British speedway leagues and competitions. We can offer anything from title sponsorships for all three British Leagues, the Elite, Premier, National, the Knock Out Cup competitions, through to web advertising, banner placements, fan interactions and much more.

An example is the title sponsorship of the Elite League which could include:

Logo on every riders racesuits

Coverage on all Sky Sports events

Branding and coverage worldwide through the leagues television coverage

Branding on the Speedway Great Britain and all clubs websites

Banner placements at all events

Programme advertising at every Elite League meeting

Fan engagement and interaction opportunities

and lots more

I've highlighted the key part.....they hold them as much as anybody else does, on a non-exclusive basis. Any Promoter is entitled to bring a League sponsor to the table if there is one out there. I had a conversation on this very topic with someone who would know at Swindon

Yes but of course anyone from within the "circle" can bring anything to the table so the pie is shared with the chum brigade.

I know for a fact that the bspa have absolutely zero interest in working with other outside parties which is there prerogative but gospeed do not do their part justice as highlighted by other posters.

Bspa needs new blood, it has some good members but are their voices and ideas heard?

Might it be the weather and rained off events costing money

Yes but of course anyone from within the "circle" can bring anything to the table so the pie is shared with the chum brigade.

I know for a fact that the bspa have absolutely zero interest in working with other outside parties which is there prerogative but gospeed do not do their part justice as highlighted by other posters.

Bspa needs new blood, it has some good members but are their voices and ideas heard?

Anyone from outside the circle can apparently as well.....they're hardly going to turn it down are they?!

From my point of view i take every season as it comes these days and what is on tv is a bonus.

So my season this year is as follows.

PCM, BFand BLRC (live)

At least 15 Prem league class meetings.(live)

At least 12 Nat league meetings. (live)

18 Prem league meetings,12 GPs.4 world team cup meets on BT all for £5 a month.

European championship,pairs and Swedish league On Euro sports.

Also what i am saving on not paying Sky will fund a good few Aces and Colts away meetings.

I will get to watch over 80 speedway meetings this season so whats not to like. :party:

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 3

Reliant Robin

I get what you mean mate but if the BSPA won't cooperate initially how are these companies going to get them a sponsor?

They won't have any demographics, no viewing or attendance figures, no price structure for what the bspa actually want for it, no confirmed list of what a sponsor will get.

Can't see a business suddenly asking to sponsor the premiership out of the blue with no factual information to go by or an agency going to a client saying, I have this great opportunity to sponsor british speedway....

Client says how much and what do we get

Agency "we don't know"

Liar.

Show us your bill?

You either believe me or you don't. You obviously have a higher regard for your opinion than I do if you think I would feel any need to justify to you what I have said.

Maybe you have tried to negotiate a deal with Sky and been unable to match what I achieved. In that case I can understand why you might feel inadequate.

• Like 2

Reliant Robin

I get what you mean mate but if the BSPA won't cooperate initially how are these companies going to get them a sponsor?

They won't have any demographics, no viewing or attendance figures, no price structure for what the bspa actually want for it, no confirmed list of what a sponsor will get.

Can't see a business suddenly asking to sponsor the premiership out of the blue with no factual information to go by or an agency going to a client saying, I have this great opportunity to sponsor british speedway....

Client says how much and what do we get

Agency "we don't know"

I understand the point and you may know better than I do about an unwillingness of BSPA to cooperate. But at that point I would make it a BSPA failing all round rather than a GoSpeed failing. If not a failing, then perhaps a keenness to hang onto those rights with the hope of doing something with them?

Hi how did you BT for £5.00 I have to pay that for euro sport plus £15 for BT ?

with bt broadband

Just called BT, they offered me the full BT Sports package for £3.75 a month as I currently have broadband with them.

Plusnet let you have BT Sports for £9.99 a month