British Speedway Forum

Might it be the weather and rained off events costing money

Does anyone know the stats on rain-offs? Many people seem to think they happen at the start and end of the season but I'm not sure that's always true.

OveFundinFan- Sky did not pull out last week this was done a couple of months ago and was first discussed with BSPA at end of last season.

There is no technical reason that i can foresee in my experience that would need to postpone the first meeting until June

If that's the case then how do I get my money back for Sky Sports for the last couple of months? If people had been informed sooner then they could have saved themselves £50+ :mad: :mad:

• Like 3

I signed up this morning to BT to supply tel/b-band/tv (in 2 rooms) for just over £40 per month. Thats broadband at 55mb/s

Its a hefty upfront cost cause I wanted both rooms to have a recordable tv box, so that was £99 in itself, £50 activation fee for Infinity1 and then delivery of the package at £10, and a set of 3 connectors for the router to extend in the rooms.

Should be up and running by end of March.

Current broadband is 1.2mb/s so 55 is a massive gain.

Best deal here.

Sportsmania.eu. Every sports channel you can think of for £1 a week no buffering in HD. On kodi, ipad, whatever. Of course its illegal streams.

You can get all the sports channels for nowt with Sportsdevil(if your not to fussed with the quality)and you dont need a VPN.

I cancelled Sky Sports package last week,but if you are with them for Talk/Broadband,its gonna cost you £22.99 p/m to watch BT Sport on your Sky box.

Ive decided to wait for Infinity to reach my area,then ill swap my Sky Broadband over to BT for a better deal.

If that's the case then how do I get my money back for Sky Sports for the last couple of months? If people had been informed sooner then they could have saved themselves £50+ :mad: :mad:

Ah yes Steve but why would promoters care about costing fans money when their focus would have been on getting sponsorship deals tied up before the cat was let out of the bag?

Even if this wasn't the case it is hard to understand the logic in the sport not being more open and transparent.... after all wasn't that what the fans were promised?

You either believe me or you don't. You obviously have a higher regard for your opinion than I do if you think I would feel any need to justify to you what I have said.

Maybe you have tried to negotiate a deal with Sky and been unable to match what I achieved. In that case I can understand why you might feel inadequate.

Nice one Aces51!!

• Like 1

I always cancelled sky sports in September (effective from end October) and then restart when the coverage starts - saves more than £50!

There not bothered about the fans, thats your gig not there's..

Agree, cancelled my Sky sports on Tuesday, going to call them again to get down to the basic package.

So Bt will show the GPS in April/May so will phone them a few days before to get the best price I can.

If you use Sky and you want BT Sport there is a deal on groupon. It says £9 a month but when I linked it on the BT Sport site it came in at £11 a month on a 12 month contract with no set up fee. It also came with free HD for 3 months.

Still happy with that as it is half price and BoxNation is also on BT Sport.

I was informed of this offer by the cancellation department at Sky and I think it is still available for another week.

You can get all the sports channels for nowt with Sportsdevil(if your not to fussed with the quality)and you dont need a VPN.

I cancelled Sky Sports package last week,but if you are with them for Talk/Broadband,its gonna cost you £22.99 p/m to watch BT Sport on your Sky box.

Ive decided to wait for Infinity to reach my area,then ill swap my Sky Broadband over to BT for a better deal.

There's a world of difference between sportdevil and sportsmania. Like old cine film that buffers compared to crystal clear HD. No buffering with sportsmania, and they cover about every sports channel in the world, with catchup as well. No free illegal stream compares. Fuzzy buffering saturday 3pm's or crystal clear hd with no buffering for a quid a week with everything else on top.

I'm stuck with sky sports till Xmas cuz they offered me a good deal when I phoned up to cancel, obviously I didn't know about the speedway was going then. To save me going through previous posts what's the best deal I'm going to get through sky or BT to get BT sports. I've not got broadband with either of them but I could cancel my current provider which is talktalk

i added bt sports package today,was paying 47.99 for bt landline unlimited free w/end calls and bt infinity 1 unlimited broadband,offered complete bt sports package free for first 3 mths then 7.50,but with a new broadband 12mth contract (same package) willpay38.99 first 3mths then 46.49 per month,so this evening im paying less than i was this morning and ive now got the bt sport package included,crazy world! all up and working through sky plus box in 10 minutes.i might have been paying to much before i suppose but hey ho cheap speedway

I'm stuck with sky sports till Xmas cuz they offered me a good deal when I phoned up to cancel, obviously I didn't know about the speedway was going then. To save me going through previous posts what's the best deal I'm going to get through sky or BT to get BT sports. I've not got broadband with either of them but I could cancel my current provider which is talktalk

I got shot of Talk talk two year ago and im pleased i did, but other than that have always been a BT subscriber.