British Speedway Forum

Does anyone know the stats on rain-offs? Many people seem to think they happen at the start and end of the season but I'm not sure that's always true.

If I look back to when I first started attending in the early 70s the pattern for rainoffs changes from season to season but the common denominator is all rainoffs occur in periods of inclement weather

For Championship fans (Formerly PL) this even includes Armadale with its own unique weather system

I'm stuck with sky sports till Xmas cuz they offered me a good deal when I phoned up to cancel, obviously I didn't know about the speedway was going then. To save me going through previous posts what's the best deal I'm going to get through sky or BT to get BT sports. I've not got broadband with either of them but I could cancel my current provider which is talktalk

If I were you I would contact Sky and say you only agreed to a new Sky subscription based on their contracted Speedway coverage. To which 2 years still remained at that time. Now they have bailed you would like to follow.

• Like 1

I'm just wondering if the rumoured June start for coverage has anything to do with less chance of rain offs? I know you can't control the weather but it never looks good to the newer viewers to the sport and to be fair it's the only sport apart from cricket that is so affected by the weather! As for Fletch yes please a quite brilliant sports presenter/commentator...listen to him on Red Bull soapbox, if anyone can make that seem creditable it's fletch!

Edited by hagonshocker

Last June at download which I think was the 2nd weekend it poured down solid for 3 days, let's hope we have a decent summer this year

My sons just told me he's got BT free on his laptop/tablet thingy till September , is there anyway this can be linked to the tv so I can watch it on a bigger screen

Last June at download which I think was the 2nd weekend it poured down solid for 3 days, let's hope we have a decent summer this year

My sons just told me he's got BT free on his laptop/tablet thingy till September , is there anyway this can be linked to the tv so I can watch it on a bigger screen

Should be able to connect laptop to tv with a cable if the tv is not too old, I can and often do with progs from utube or speedway gps when they are on laptop. Just check laptop and tv manual for which connections you need. I think I got a HDMI cable which cost about £4 from John Lewis, but any tech shops will have them.

Edited by A ORLOV

Or it might be a bit older, then you need a Dsub cable, like pc to monitor, I have to use this on mine, laptop to LCD Tele, I was early adopter, only has 1 hdmi socket!! Laptop has none!!

But, it works well enough, have to carry sound via headphone jack on laptop, to audio-in, on my 5-1 surround sound system!! More cables than local GPO box!!!

Is Chromecast compatable.If so no wires needed to connect tv and laptop,just cast from the laptop to the tv.

Load the Chromecast app from Google Chrome onto your phone, laptop,PC and get a Chromecast dongle from Argos or eBay for about £25.Then fit it into a HDMI socket on the TV,and watch the likes of YouTube on the big screen.

Load the Chromecast app from Google Chrome onto your phone, laptop,PC and get a Chromecast dongle from Argos or eBay for about £25.Then fit it into a HDMI socket on the TV,and watch the likes of YouTube on the big screen.

It's best if you have more than 1 HDMI socket on your tv, if not you can get a HDMI splitter quite cheaply these days, but, make sure it's HDMI in and not an HDMI out, there is a significant difference....

Thanks for that, tv is just a couple years old and plenty of HDMI slots so il get onto it, hopefully I should get most of the gps

Me or kks?

no , not you captain pugwash .

I was wondering why the clubs haven't been up in arms about this, riders contracts have been signed, then Sky pull out. But it transpires Sky are still paying for the current deal, but it costs so much to put it on, they're not showing it. Other sports are begging Sky for air time, and it's so much cheaper to show them than a sport like Speedway.

Some may find this strange, but Sky have spent so much on Football they need to make drastic savings, and this was one way to do it.

Look at the facts, clubs not moaning, BT get it for free, I think what I've heard is correct. How many clubs could afford to lose the Sky money after contracts have been signed?

• Like 1

Ref the cost of BT channels on V media, yes you get them included in the full house package, however there was a price rise of around £3.50 per month announced after BT had won the rights to the Champions League, it was stated that this price rise was to cover the cost of BT Sport and the Ultra HD channel or whatever it is.