British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Peterborough V Coventry Challenge 19th Match 12pm

Glad I'm not there.

Awful display against a poor side that have been kicked out of their own league.

Everyone else is glad that you're not there..!!

Pessimistic sod...

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 8

So we started 30 minutes late because people couldn't get in due to the lack of people on the turnstiles. Then when they started he parade, late, thy record to interview all the riders. We'd just had 30 minutes of nothing happening, why the bloody hell were the interviews not done then?

Then we had 12 minutes between the last two heats, what was that wait for?

They knew fans wanted to get to Wolves. I bet later in the season Peterborough will be complaining about a lack of fans attending. Well making people hang around will be why. It happens every time I go to Peterborough. You can get there 30 minutes before start time and you're lucky to get in by start time. It's been this was about 10-15 years now, how long will it take to sort it??

So, negatives aside. It was a pretty good meeting, a few from the gates but always the chance of a pass but heats 10 and 13 were top class speedway. 5-2 to 7-1 to 1-5 in heat 10 and God only knows in heat 13, ended in a Bees 5-1 with Bjerre going last to 2nd on the last bend.

I know it was only against a Championship team but Sarj aside every Bee showed just how good this team would have been this afternoon.

So yes I started with a moan, the meeting wasn't rushed enough but I bloody loved it!

Glad I'm not there.

Awful display against a poor side that have been kicked out of their own league.

I thought you were supposed to be at Spurs Southampton ?

Only against a championship side ? Premiership teams are basically championship sides built to a higher team limit of 50

Edited by scoobydoo

Good win for the bees.

I still can't believe we are not going to be competing this year 🐝😕

• Like 1

Having such a ridiculously lop sided match up could really harm the Peterbourough promotion. What were they thinking? Result was never in doubt before a wheel had turned.

Glad I'm not there.

JCF you have the right name for talking out of your ..... :mad:

Challenge meeting,riders getting dialled in,riders trying things, etc etc etc.

Words fail me. :nono:

• Like 1

Having such a ridiculously lop sided match up could really harm the Peterbourough promotion. What were they thinking? Result was never in doubt before a wheel had turned.

Thought Jack Holder could have done better personally

Well done Peterborough for putting this on to give riders time for testing equipment and such. think the result is irrelevant in the scheme of things

I agree but this was effectively a paid practice and crowd wise it was extremely successful, the track went very slick very early which didn't help the home side but it was good practice and entertaining in places.

JCF you have the right name for talking out of your ..... :mad:

Challenge meeting,riders getting dialled in,riders trying things, etc etc etc.

Words fail me. :nono:

Well in this case its plain to see which side tried the right things and which one didn't

I thought you were supposed to be at Spurs Southampton ?

Does he have problems choosing which football team to support as well as speedway teams then?

Better any kind of meeting rather than go into the league season unprepared.

• Like 4

Does he have problems choosing which football team to support as well as speedway teams then?

He's confused, hence the name.