British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gunner85

Polish Rules 2017

Nice to see that Matt Ford has refused to sign a statement releasing Jack Holder for rearranged Polish matches.

I hope that does not mean that Jack gets the sack from Poland and the Poles simmer down.

It was bad enough them forcing riders to only ride in 3 countries.

Edited by Gunner85
  • Like 1

I think its more an issue for Peterboro's Sunday meetings, but well done Matt - if a little late in the day!!!

This should have been the BSPA stance as soon as the Polish rules were announced. Not sure who else it may affect other than the 3 GP riders?!

• Like 3

I think its more an issue for Peterboro's Sunday meetings, but well done Matt - if a little late in the day!!!

I think it's to cover everyone, and all clubs should stick together on this.

the potential is always there to lose a rider any night of the week for rearranged fixtures in Poland

• Like 3

Matt Ford takes a lot of stick on here, but well done to him on his stance with Poland, it's just a pity none of the other Promotions haven't taken the same stance, all the promotions need to stick together on this.

• Like 7

The only mistake made here is that not every promotion refused to sign it.

We are what we are, and by that I mean the bottom nation for hosting the sport, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't have a backbone.

• Like 2

While what Matt says is what everyone is thinking, I do wonder if this is another stab at the Holder name as Chris made it quite clear there were issues behind the scenes last season.

If a non-Polish rider misses British fixtures because of this ruling, he should only be replaced with a NL rider. That ruling alone would make promoters more discerning about who they sign and it might make some riders (particularly non-EU) think twice, after the complexities of gaining clearance to spend their European season as Polish based riders. Another possibility is that riders who start their league career in Britain, should be required to sign a commitment to Britain above Poland, at least for a given period of eg. 5yrs. (as the Poles wouldn't entertain bringing in unknown riders, that would counter this Polish action).

• Like 1

How many rides is Jack Holder likely to get in Poland?

Which polish team does Danny King race for ?

never been a matt ford fan but got to agree with him on this one fair play to him its a shame a few more promoters don't do the same as him

Yeah fair play to Ford on this one, other promoters are just spineless and pussies.