Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gunner85

Polish Rules 2017

The Poles should have been told to f**k off and while we're at it KL should terminate Holders contract smug big headed sod, really don't know who he thinks he is with his crap attitude to British speedway and even worse fans on twitter, should had learnt to shut up by now ...really odd induvidual

Hes a mate of TW isnt he- another showing a bad attitude to british speedway

Well done to Matt Ford, cant believe other teams have signed up to it, this in no way should be covered with a facility of a guest or rr, it needs to be a NL rider. On a set guaranteed pay rate equivalent to the rider being replaced.

One thing to consider perhaps the top riders have stated if the clubs dont sign it they are not riding over here etc so I can sort of understand given the fact the season is nearly upon us, next season is a different matter though.

Next season its likely to all change again. The Poles are talking about extending the 'priority' issue to their 2nd division meetings, due to a new TV contract!!?

Added to that is the talk of restricting foreign riders to 2 per team in the Polish Extraleague. One things for sure we haven't heard the last of it!!!!

I really don't get why people are getting their knickers in a twist over what Poland are doing.

It's nothing new.

BSPA had similar policies not all that long ago that all riders had to prioritise British Speedway over other leagues.

Including foreign riders own leagues.

British Speedway is no longer in a position to make those demands on top riders but Poland is.

It is what it is.

I really don't get why people are getting their knickers in a twist over what Poland are doing.

It's nothing new.

BSPA had similar policies not all that long ago that all riders had to prioritise British Speedway over other leagues.

British Speedway is no longer in a position to make those demands on top riders but Poland is.

It is what it is.

Doesnt mean promoters cant react to it. Probably otheer countries did when Britin did it to them.

It's nothing new.

It is what it is.

Sorry mate that is a defeatist attitude we should not let the Poles or any other nation walk all over us , we need to stand and tell them it's not on .

• Like 2

Sorry mate that is a defeatist attitude we should not let the Poles or any other nation walk all over us , we need to stand and tell them it's not on .

Why's it defeatist.

It's just power going in a cycle.

Maybe in another decade Poland will go bust and riders will come back.

Just let Poland do what they're doing.

We can work on progressing on our own and start to stock pile British riders which will then in turn reverse the dominance.

Then when Poland want our boys the BSPA can dictate to them again.

• Like 1

I think the issue here is fixtures being rearranged and them clashing with fixtures long since logged in other countries. Whichever country it us taking the mickey it's just not on. If Poland had logged these non Sunday matches first it would have been a different matter.

• Like 5

I think the issue here is fixtures being rearranged and them clashing with fixtures long since logged in other countries. Whichever country it us taking the mickey it's just not on. If Poland had logged these non Sunday matches first it would have been a different matter.

Think you've got it spot on. Polish, Swedish and Danish fixtures are usually announced before ours and on fixed days, so easy to work around to avoid clashes or to know when a rider will be unavailable. Its when the date of a fixture is changed for whatever reason or a practice session is suddenly called which then clashes with one of our fixtures that the problem starts.

• Like 1

Why's it defeatist.

It's just power going in a cycle.

Maybe in another decade Poland will go bust and riders will come back.

Just let Poland do what they're doing.

We can work on progressing on our own and start to stock pile British riders which will then in turn reverse the dominance.

Then when Poland want our boys the BSPA can dictate to them again.

The BSPA will not be able to dictate anything to Poland if they get their own way.We might produce some stars of our own in the future but there is a good chance that when they are all good enough they will sod off to Poland as well just look at Woffinden.There will not be a problem if they ride here as well the problem is that Poland want to dictate when and who they can ride for and want the right to pull a British contracted rider out of a pre arranged fixture at the drop of a hat for there rearranged fixture's and even for practice.How can a British club run a business when there top contracted riders can be pulled out of a league meeting at short notice the punters will soon get p/d off and stay away if this continues to happen.Just another nail in British speedways coffin.

When did the BSPA insist on foreign riders having the UK as top priority? Don't remember that? Anyway this is worse as it includes practice sessions. I can see Polish clubs pulling out riders for 'practice' when an important match is coming up.

It happened last year with Woz at Leicester. They said if he did not stop ridding for the Lions then they would stop his Polish contract. They the Poles where the ones who wanted him to come over here in the first place to get some track time over here and klearn to ride different tracks, then when it suited them they called him bac. But what they are now doing is taking things a stage more and making any riders in thier top leagues no matter what country, that when they shout you drop everything and go running. They know no rider will say otherwise as they are the ones paying the silly money to them. The day will come when they find that clubs are closing because they no longer have the funds to continue the powers that be can't just keep bailing the clubs out, we have already seen clubs not paying riders, would you keep going back again knowing you would not be getting paid week in week out, speedway riders must be a silly bunch, because it seems to happen to them on a regular basis and they still carry on racing for clubs that don't pay them. I know I wouldn't.

Perhaps one way to deal with this to set up agreements with the likes of Germany France, Italy Sweden and Denmark with rider exchanges, international meetings and a European league championship and exclude Poland, Polish riders and any rider who signs up to a Polish club on the current terms would be bringing the sport into disrepute in the aforementioned countries.

If the Poles want supremacy at any cost then they can be supreme albeit all alone with their national riders frozen out of every other speedway league and no internationals, etc. The only stage the riders would appear on are the GPS and the European Championship. No World Cup which in reality should not be held every year any way. It cocks up the domestic league campaign and is just a distraction unless you are a Pole.

Other then the above or some other action, if you leave everything as it is the fans will become pretty peed off when being short changed because a team cannot put out a full home side.

I've changed my opinion since yesterday having sat and thought on it.

Devil and the blue sea for Jack. He's seen his arse but it's tough I'm afraid, because at this moment in time he needs Britain more than he does Poland. Hasn't yet made the step over the stone.

Had all British clubs stuck together with this, Australian speedway would be commencing a pretty rapid death. The fact is they need this country. They need it for a racing licence and they need it to live in.

Personally the more I think about this, I'd probably tell them to dissappear.

Danny king is sat waiting for a British top flight club, Chris Holder is spitting his dummy out because Britain is standing up for itself. That really doesn't sit well with me.

Chris Holder, why you don't you dissappear from the UK, get yourself sorted with a property in Poland, and Danny king can have your place at KL. It's only fair isn't it, if your so pissed at the English authorities?

• Like 4