British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gunner85

Polish Rules 2017

I agree with Ford's stand. However, it is much easier to do it with a rider like Jack Holder, who may not even get a ride in Poland and who is likely, at this point in his career, to earn far more in the UK, than it would be, for example, with Chris Holder, who is likely to ride fir his team in every Polish fixture and earn considerably more there. Again, at the moment, Chris is a much bigger draw card here than Jack and much more difficult to replace.

If we are going to make a stand I think we should have agreed it before team building began and not signed riders who were going to be affected by the Polish restriction nor any Polish riders.

• Like 1

Everyone saying that the promoters should have stood upto Poland this winter, then if they had done the following riders would not be riding in the Premiership this season(probably no TV coverage as well)

C Holder

F Lindgren

J Doyle

M Fricke

and Possibly J Thorssell

There is no way that any of the top 4 listed would have choosen Britain over Poland

Is that true (probably no TV coverage) or is it your opinion?

I dont think that TV speedway depends on 4 or 6 riders.

British speedway is down in the dumps, what it doesnt want is other nations treading on us thus making it difficult for us to stand up again.

Everyone saying that the promoters should have stood upto Poland this winter, then if they had done the following riders would not be riding in the Premiership this season(probably no TV coverage as well)

C Holder

F Lindgren

J Doyle

M Fricke

and Possibly J Thorssell

There is no way that any of the top 4 listed would have choosen Britain over Poland

of course 3 of that top 4 wouldnt be riding professional speedway in Europe without the opportunity provided by British Speedway.....
  • Like 8

Its quite clear that the bspa should have stood up as ond to say no to this rule. A rider has obligations to the club hehas signed to and whoss fixture is logged first. If a Polish meeting is re-arranged for a day when the Riders British club has a fixture, tough on the Poles.

No fascility should be granted for riders missing British fixtures for re-arranged fixtures.

I am telescoping some of tonights forum. Lets see what Matt says about this rule.

• Like 7

Is that true (probably no TV coverage) or is it your opinion?

I dont think that TV speedway depends on 4 or 6 riders.

British speedway is down in the dumps, what it doesnt want is other nations treading on us thus making it difficult for us to stand up again.

My opinion-that`s why I put probably- it would have been much harder to get BT interested if those 4 didn`t ride and of course they wouldn`t have been replaced by anyone riding Polish Extraleague(non-Polish)

Which promotions signed the agreement?

when I spoke to Rob Lyon he was under the impression everyone was sticking together

when I spoke to Rob Lyon he was under the impression everyone was sticking together

In what way?

Signed or not signed?

In what way?

Signed or not signed?

in not signing

Jack Holder will not ride in Poland at all this season without that statement those are the new rules end of story.

what if Chris Holder doesn't have the paperwork signed?

Peterborough Panthers have refused to sign the paperwork too

Wolves have signed there's I thought I read somewhere

Jack Holder will not ride in Poland at all this season without that statement those are the new rules end of story.

Good