British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevehone

Cardiff Wild Card

anyone know how the Cardiff GP wildcard will be chosen this year?

will it be British Champion again, or will Chris Harris get a shout as he's not in the series?

Chris Harris is like a tumour on an otherwise healthy body of speedway.

F*ck off you troll

anyone know how the Cardiff GP wildcard will be chosen this year?

will it be British Champion again, or will Chris Harris get a shout as he's not in the series?

Assume British champion. Hopefully it will be lambert.
  • Like 1

Assume as w..aces1 it will be British Champ although I hope its Danny again 😃

Needs to be the winner of the British Final. Gives the event real meaning.

• Like 5

Needs to be the winner of the British Final. Gives the event real meaning.

The real meaning is to be a proud British Champion ffs .... the GP wildcard is a bonus imo. If the fans don't think being British Champion is something to be proud of then how can we expect the riders to feel pride? In any other sport to be the Champion of Great Britain is an honour, a privilege and a great achievement!!!!

• Like 4

The real meaning is to be a proud British Champion ffs .... the GP wildcard is a bonus imo. If the fans don't think being British Champion is something to be proud of then how can we expect the riders to feel pride? In any other sport to be the Champion of Great Britain is an honour, a privilege and a great achievement!!!!

I know Danny sees it like this, others might just see it as a stepping stone

But the British champion could be Rory Schlein. I'm guessing the only reason he's riding is to potentially get a wildcard for Cardiff as he's allegedly not interested in riding for team GB in the World cup.

But the British champion could be Rory Schlein. I'm guessing the only reason he's riding is to potentially get a wildcard for Cardiff as he's allegedly not interested in riding for team GB in the World cup.

If that were the case, he would either have to ride as British or forego his place, like Jason Bunyan used to ride as a Kiwi.

How does it work with Schlein and Aussies, I read from somewhere that he has a UK citizenship. Does he have a UK passport? Because you need a passport for the nation you want to represent. So is it that he cant ride for GB or dont want to?

How does it work with Schlein and Aussies, I read from somewhere that he has a UK citizenship. Does he have a UK passport? Because you need a passport for the nation you want to represent. So is it that he cant ride for GB or dont want to?

Yes he does have a UK passport.

Edited by foamfence

Yes he does have a UK passport.

So with a ACU license for national events (which I think he has) and a FIM license from acu as well (which he had for his euro encounter) he's available for team gb. No probs then... it's up to him and Rossiter.

So with a ACU license for national events (which I think he has) and a FIM license from acu as well (which he had for his euro encounter) he's available for team gb. No probs then... it's up to him and Rossiter.

He has said he has no interest in riding for team gb at all, that's why we have a problem with him being in contention of being Britsh Champ and being at Cardiff
  • Like 3

He has said he has no interest in riding for team gb at all, that's why we have a problem with him being in contention of being Britsh Champ and being at Cardiff

Absolutely. He should be told before the final that winning it doesn't mean he wins the wildcard. That will go to a Brit.

• Like 3

Absolutely. He should be told before the final that winning it doesn't mean he wins the wildcard. That will go to a Brit.

Think thats a good plan.

There are even born in Britain riders who aren't available for team GB.