British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevehone

Cardiff Wild Card

Think thats a good plan.

I like and admire Rory but yes he should be told this....
  • Like 1

He has said he has no interest in riding for team gb at all, that's why we have a problem with him being in contention of being Britsh Champ and being at Cardiff

I think saying he has no interest is a misrepresentation of his comments.

He has said he would be delighted to be considered if he felt he had the full backing of the British fans.

Without that he said it wouldnt feel right and he wouldnt want to be in position.

I think its fair to say the general reaction of fans has been mixed at best.

He has said he would be delighted to be considered if he felt he had the full backing of the British fans.

Without that he said it wouldnt feel right and he wouldnt want to be in position.

I'm not aloud but nor would I won't to race for team GB

Schlein's tweet on 25/4/17

If he's rode as an Aussie for +10 years then why should we support him as a Brit when he doesn't even want to represent us.

If he's rode as an Aussie for +10 years then why should we support him as a Brit when he doesn't even want to represent us.

If that's a sample of his English, he's definitely an Aussie.

Perhaps it should be like football where players who have represented their country/football federation on a senior level (A level games) are

not allowed to represent another country.during their career. source, (5 and 8 Principle p63-p65).

Edited by Ghostwalker

Where did you read that?

Guest GiveusaB

May be the fairest way to select, would be to give the wild card to the leading BRITISH rider in the most current green sheet averages at the time of the event ?

I hope it's Craig Cook, or Robert Lambert, both riders give their absolute everything imo.

Last time Cook was wild card at Cardiff he got 7 which is pretty good when not used to riding at that level and pressure to deal with.

This year he is riding a lot better - I hope he gets the wild card.

But it has to be the 2017 British Champion.

Where did you read that?

just browsing some tweets and replies via the Witches website link.
  • Like 1

Just select the bloody wildcard like every other nation does?!!

No - its a good idea to make the GB Championship worth a really good prize that every rider wants. The fact Schlien is now involved, and he should not get the Wild Card if he wins, is a complication the rules should cover.

• Like 1

It's lovely that the Gb Final winner gets the place but Danny King last year, what was the point? If Schlein, Nicholls or Harris get it this year? Whats the point. Can you imagine the Poles putting Pepe in? We should be sending Cook or Lambert to Cardiff - Lambert ideally but I can see the argument for Cook with the way he's riding. Anyone is a waste of time as they're never going to amount to anything in the GPs

Thats to simple!!

it's too ;) (oh, and That's)

Edited by Crump99