British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

The 2017 Edward Jancarz Memorial

Edward Jancarz, the winner of the 1977 Embassy Internationale

...there will be probably very few British speedway fans ( of a certain age :-) who would not know, or at least not heard of him.

On the 9th of April his Polish club, Stal Gorzow, the only one he rode for in his entire career, is staging another Memorial meeting.

Since its beginning, the Jancarz Memorial has many world class riders as its winners. Among them Hans Nielsen, Tomasz Gollob,

Gary Havelock, Joe Screen, Leigh Adams, Jason Crump. This year Memorial has also attracted many world class riders and

will be screened by NC+ TV channel.

The five representatives of Stal Gorzów will cerainly participate in the tournament. There will be Bartosz Zmarzlik, Krzysztof Kasprzak, Martin Vaculik, Niels Kristian Iversen and Przemysław Pawlicki. Unconfirmed reports are saying that as many as three local rivals from Falubaz Zielona Gora will also compete. Patryk Dudek, last year's winner , Jarosław Hampel and Piotr Protasiewicz. That this is not the end of big stars. Nicki Pedersen, Emil Sajfutdinov, Piotr Pawlicki would also likely wish to check their pre-season readiness.

Sports.pl website reports that for the winner there is a handsome reward of £4000

• Like 4

start list for Sunday

Lista startowa Memoriału Edwarda Jancarza:

1. Przemysław Pawlicki
2. Patryk Dudek
3. Andreas Jonsson
4. Martin Vaculik
5. Nicki Pedersen
6. Niels Kristian Iversen
7. Tomas H. Jonasson
8. Emil Sajfutdinow
9. Leon Madsen
10. Piotr Pawlicki
11. Jarosław Hampel
12. Grigorij Łaguta
13. Bartosz Zmarzlik
14. Krzysztof Kasprzak
15. Antonio Lindbaeck
16. Piotr Protasiewicz

start list for Sunday

Lista startowa Memoriału Edwarda Jancarza:

1. Przemysław Pawlicki

2. Patryk Dudek

3. Andreas Jonsson

4. Martin Vaculik

5. Nicki Pedersen

6. Niels Kristian Iversen

7. Tomas H. Jonasson

8. Emil Sajfutdinow

9. Leon Madsen

10. Piotr Pawlicki

11. Jarosław Hampel

12. Grigorij Łaguta

13. Bartosz Zmarzlik

14. Krzysztof Kasprzak

15. Antonio Lindbaeck

16. Piotr Protasiewicz

Eddie was one of the best polish riders in history of this sport too bad he could not settle in life after speedway he struggled with alcohol for many years and was fatally stabbed to death by his second wife Katarzyna 25 years ago.R.I.P Edward Jancarz.

• Like 1

Decent meeting although I was hoping for a Laguta win after he was clearly the best over the 20 heats. I hate how everything 'has' to finish with a grand final these days.

Good to see Nicki playing up his 'bad boy' image to the crowd, all good fun!

After years of being against him, I've decided to change tack and support him from now on, as like a growing number of fans, I'm getting a bit tired of the nauseating Monster love-in.

• Like 5