British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Grass Track Activity

18422155_979896862112687_411605954100333

Edited by Guest

That 'foursome" query - Who, when, where, why?

18057102_106021969960098_151027926965901

18199523_1304947466208944_67014435541470

​I have not seen actual confirmation of this other than some Posts on Facebook, but it would appear this meeting may have been cancelled.

Edited by Guest

18056862_636358769887879_909932479995847
Grasstrack & Speedway History
Jim Groen, Holland
:::::::::
:::::::::

​I have not seen actual confirmation of this other than some Posts on Facebook, but it would appear this meeting may have been cancelled.

Meeting was the East Anglian Spring Trophy, Chelmsford, Essex. Reason for cancellation was because of problems in regard to health and accident cover - not caused by the promoting club.

Edited by Guest

July 2017 - Frittenden, Kent, grass track meeting.

18839013_479712265701634_908893898906407

My first - and almost certainly last - 2017 grasstrack meeting yesterday. The Peter Maddison Master of Midshires, near Ashorne, Warks, proved to be a fiasco. It was abandoned after 40 of 46 scheduled races owing to rider safety concerns about dust and inconsistent track watering. The only final staged was the 250cc solos, won by Henry Atkins. The Midshires Grasstrack Club proved wholly incapable of providing the necessary water provision. The action started an hour late, at 1.30pm, and it took almost five hours to get through 40 races. Pathetic. I'd say a third of an estimated 1,500 crowd, bored with the delays and fed up with the dust, had departed for home well before the enforced end. Still, at least the amateurishness of grasstrack continues to make similarly shambolic speedway appear vaguely professional. Plans to attend next month's Lincolnshire Poacher now scrapped. I'll go to cricket instead.

Edited by Piotr Pyszny

Must admit I left at 2.50pm, having been there since before 10.00am

It had got to the stage where riders disappeared into a cloud of dust which had not totally cleared when they came round again

Taking photographs proved eventually to be a fruitless exercise, the leader on lap one the only possible image to be had

Final straw for me was, immediately after the fourth or fifth watering, the sidecars came out and it became clear that the water sprayer had made no difference whatsoever

Can't blame the organisers for the weather - it really was hot yesterday - but, yes, there were delays to the programme early on which set everything back, and information was not always forthcoming

Feel sorry for the organisers who put in a massive effort to stage this event, and they will be as disappointed as all the riders and spectators at the outcome

There is always the chance of something going wrong in a programme of 40+ races, on a circuit far bigger than a speedway track - plus the insurance requirement of practice time for each and every rider

Very sad at how things panned out yesterday

would be interesting to hear david howes on this as i saw him in his riding gear in the pits but never ride the track

I left about 3ish after a 2 rider race that was enough for me