British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Grachan

Swindon Autodrome

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 10:10 PM, andout said:

They are very rare....so any condition would qualify......still the record price paid is £5000 for the first High Beech...the second is just over a £1000 paid for a Celtic Park.....at least my memory tells me that. Oh yes the High Beech needed restoration!

As an example, how many High Beech first meeting programmes are known to exist ? And how many Autodrome programmes are known to exist ?

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

As an example, how many High Beech first meeting programmes are known to exist ? And how many Autodrome programmes are known to exist ?

Surprisingly there are quite a few of the first Speedway programme.....over the years a couple have come up on eBay and a few more on other auctions.....I have only ever seen three of the Autodrome programme......I mentioned the Celtic Park earlier and I have only seen one of those.

Post war, one of the rarest is the Poole, England v Australasia of 1958....the meeting was canceled and the programmes never released and pulped......EXCEPT for those who were subscribers, I know of only six in existence, every one of those six programmes has a crease down the middle given they were folded and mailed.

Edited by andout
  • Like 2