British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Speedway On Tv And The Internet In 2024

If not blocked to foreign viewers there is an internet stream of the training match Leszno v Grudziadz starting at 2pm UK time today here http://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/675858/transmisja-ze-starcia-fogo-unia-leszno-mrgarden-gkm-grudziadz-na-wp-sportowefakt

Perfect mate. Just to confirm I have clicked the link and I ve got a countdown clock to when stream goes live. So looks like it's gonna be good to go in UK.

I have found a new one but not at home at the mo. I will post it when I get back probably tonight. Has nsport etc.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

According to Colin Pratt in the Speedway Star this week the whole BT Sport TV schedule has been issued to clubs, although not seen anything publicly as yet other than the British Championship in June. It would appear that BT want quite a few meetings in school holidays - presumably to get big(ger) crowds.

According to Colin Pratt in the Speedway Star this week the whole BT Sport TV schedule has been issued to clubs, although not seen anything publicly as yet other than the British Championship in June. It would appear that BT want quite a few meetings in school holidays - presumably to get big(ger) crowds.

I sincerely hope that the School Holidays works for them - in the end - that can only benefit Speedway.

• Like 1

Last night at Somerset, Ronnie Russell said the first meeting on BT Sport will be the British Final, and thereafter It will be shown weekly; 20-30 over the year

if it's one per week then it must be nearer the 20 than the 30 otherwise the season would have to be extented till november , anyone know if there is a reason for leaving it so late to start the coverage ?

Edited by gee jay

Contract Dates I assume.

Anybody else seen the sport in focus : Jason Doyle short documentary on BT ?

Not bad

Not seen these mentioned anywhere but by chance I came across this little series, seems like it's a regular half hour slot.

Episodes include an interview with new British |Champion Craig Cook, also some interesting stuff on the Poultec set up, Olly Allen giving the insight into how it works. Most enjoyable for me was the skype interview with Adam Roynon, what a brave lad he is, still hoping to ride for another 10 years, stay safe Adam.

One podcast dedicated solely to Edwin Overlander, what a career he's had in speedway, seems a nice chap.

Anyway, enjoy,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p051d52h/episodes/downloads

Not speedway but Dirtquake from Kings Lynn is being shown tonight, wed July 12th on ITV4 at 8pm and repeated tomorrow at 0.35am.

Not seen these mentioned anywhere but by chance I came across this little series, seems like it's a regular half hour slot.

Episodes include an interview with new British |Champion Craig Cook, also some interesting stuff on the Poultec set up, Olly Allen giving the insight into how it works. Most enjoyable for me was the skype interview with Adam Roynon, what a brave lad he is, still hoping to ride for another 10 years, stay safe Adam.

One podcast dedicated solely to Edwin Overlander, what a career he's had in speedway, seems a nice chap.

Anyway, enjoy,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p051d52h/episodes/downloads

Thanks very much for that. For those who haven't followed the link it's a series of podcasts made by BBC Radio Norfolk which really should have been promoted to the wider speedway public by all involved, rather like BBC WM's regular speedway commentaries which are probably listened to by more people outside their area than in!

Looks like there's been four so far, starting with Edwin who has worked for both BBC Radio Norfolk and BBC Radio Cambridgeshire for many years, He's a great football commentator as well. We used to share football commentary duties for KM Video - he got Cambridge and I think Norwich as well, while I had Colchester, Enfield and Crystal Palace.

I had the good fortune to work with Edwin many times in the past and he is a true gentleman and a pleasure to know. It's been a long time though....

Edited by Rob McCaffery