British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Speedway On Tv And The Internet In 2024

20 hours ago, BFMDan said:

Not trying to ask anything inappropriate . . . but, has anyone found this year's first two Grand Prixs on the internet yet?

Let me know if I"m not supposed to ask this question . . .

Dan

They are both on this thread 

• Like 1

SEC is on Eurosport this weekend, Saturday... but not live by the looks of it

On 7/10/2019 at 1:12 PM, iainb said:

SEC is on Eurosport this weekend, Saturday... but not live by the looks of it

I have given all the details on the SEC thread( international section) Eurosport UK are a joke first race Saturday is around 6.10pm UK time and Eurosport UK programme goes live at 19.45 for 75 mins- i expect in time for heat 17 out of 22 races ?? I have emailed them saying that it would be far better showing the whole 3 hour programme starting at 19.45 as "delayed live" i would prefer that and am sure others  would as well. I will be watching Eurosport poland`s  live coverage.

Edited by racers and royals

4 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I have given all the details on the SEC thread( international section) Eurosport UK are a joke first race Saturday is around 6.10pm UK time and Eurosport UK programme goes live at 19.45 for 75 mins- i expect in time for heat 17 out of 22 races ?? I have emailed them saying that it would be far better showing the whole 3 hour programme starting at 19.45 as "delayed live" i would prefer that and am sure others  would as well. I will be watching Eurosport poland`s  live coverage.

Eurosport always have been and always will be a joke... the clue is in the title "Euro" :rofl:

On 7/11/2019 at 4:34 PM, racers and royals said:

What was being shown before the speedway to cause your complaint?

18 minutes ago, gustix said:

What was being shown before the speedway to cause your complaint?

That was the 1st round in July- Eurosport joined the meeting in time for heat 17(22 heats in total in the SEC). The 2nd round they did better started at heat 3 and the 3rd round showed the whole meeting. Can`t remember what they were showing in round 1

This is an email i sent to the schedule controller  Eurosport UK  on July 6th

Dear sirs, Eurosport this year are showing the 3rd and 4th most important world speedway competitions namely 1/ speedway European championships(SEC) 4 rounds 2/ World U21 championships 3 rounds. The Promoters are a Polish company(Onesport) so maybe the contract was agreed and signed by Eurosport Poland.

I have been involved in UK Speedway racing for over 50 years as a fan and in management, and would like to make some observations on how Eurosport UK are scheduling these 2 competitions in 2019.

the 1st round of the World U21 competition was held on Saturday June 22nd- it was shown live on Eurosport Poland and i believe on Eurosport player here in the UK. The 1st showing on TV was an hour highlights on Tuesday morning 25th, and the programme started at heat 19 out of 23 races !!!!

The 1st final of the SEC competition is next Saturday July 13th from Gustrow Germany. The meeting starts at 1900 local time(1800 here in the UK) with once again Eurosport Poland showing the whole match live. Eurosport UK goes live at 19.45 for 75 mins which undoubtedly will mean British viewers will join the action at about race 17 of a 22 race programme !!!

Speedway fans like myself get frustrated at missing races, and myself and others would far prefer you showing the whole meeting on "delayed live" ie show next Saturday`s whole meeting for 3 hours from 19.45, if you cannot programme the meeting live because of other sport on the 2 channels. We can keep away from checking scores until transmission starts. you are sending 2 commentators to the tracks for the 7 rounds so i would think you would like to get the maximum viewing figures you can get.

Edited by racers and royals

8 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Have you had a reply???

No and it probably wasn`t even read by the person i wanted it to be, however they are improving and we just have the 2 U 21`s and the 1 SEC to go this season so we shall see how they do in September and October.

On 8/20/2019 at 4:00 PM, racers and royals said:

No and it probably wasn`t even read by the person i wanted it to be, however they are improving and we just have the 2 U 21`s and the 1 SEC to go this season so we shall see how they do in September and October.

i will not be renewing my subscription to BT  in 2020 . its a sad state of affairs when they bombard the tv with  wall climbing and believe it or not ,,SNOW VOLLY BALL...W.T.F.  is that all about .

Edited by jenga
cant spell
  • Like 1

TV defines speedway as a minority sport these days as does the National press. How often does one see fixtures or results in the National press these days? On that basis TV coverage nowadays is correct.

On 9/4/2019 at 2:37 PM, jenga said:

i will not be renewing my subscription to BT  in 2020 . its a sad state of affairs when they bombard the tv with  wall climbing and believe it or not ,,SNOW VOLLY BALL...W.T.F.  is that all about .

I can understand the frustration at Eurosport missing heats, and even starting one match at heat 17, but I don't understand how the poor performance of Eurosport (owned by the American company Discovery inc.) would lead to someone cancelling their BT Sport subscription, since BT Sports are nothing to do with Discovery, and never miss heats

On 9/5/2019 at 7:38 AM, gustix said:

TV coverage nowadays is correct.

Yes.   We have all the G.P.s and the British Premiership live, as well as the Speedway of Nations, the British Final, The SEC, the World U-21, Polish matches, Swedish matches etc etc

It's not even comparable to your heydey of the 30s and 40s where you never got to see a single heat of speedway broadcast live, and probably never dreamed such a level of coverage would be possible in the future!

13 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

I can understand the frustration at Eurosport missing heats, and even starting one match at heat 17, but I don't understand how the poor performance of Eurosport (owned by the American company Discovery inc.) would lead to someone cancelling their BT Sport subscription, since BT Sports are nothing to do with Discovery, and never miss heats

its all down to BT cold calling on the phone and offering you a great deal when you are already in a contract with BT . i had approx 6/7 months left of my contract left when bt came cold calling ( by phone ) and said they would  save me money by offering me a new contract . the saving was a good deal . unknown to me and this was NOT explained at the time that this was for a limited time  (3 months) i did not find out about this until the 4th/5th month . when i lodged a complaint about mis selling the product , i was told the price had been increased ,as they are entitled to do . .. but i was under the impression that even if there was a price increase i would still be saving money . even tho i have a good few months still left on my contract , i find myself looking at other means of tv entertainment and payments .(cheaper) . the sport is okay from bt , its just the hard sell that cheeses me off . sell @ all cost . its like a win @ all costs from some speedway promotions !

3 minutes ago, jenga said:

its all down to BT cold calling on the phone and offering you a great deal when you are already in a contract with BT . i had approx 6/7 months left of my contract left when bt came cold calling ( by phone ) and said they would  save me money by offering me a new contract . the saving was a good deal . unknown to me and this was NOT explained at the time that this was for a limited time  (3 months) i did not find out about this until the 4th/5th month . when i lodged a complaint about mis selling the product , i was told the price had been increased ,as they are entitled to do . .. but i was under the impression that even if there was a price increase i would still be saving money . even tho i have a good few months still left on my contract , i find myself looking at other means of tv entertainment and payments .(cheaper) . the sport is okay from bt , its just the hard sell that cheeses me off . sell @ all cost . its like a win @ all costs from some speedway promotions !

Can understand your frustration in that position with the mis-selling

It just read like you were saying you were cancelling BT Sport because Eurosport was crap.

Just off topic, GR 500/speedway bike just been on American pickers, they bought it for $1800 , wonder what the history of that bike is.