British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Speedway On Tv And The Internet In 2024

22 minutes ago, Beercellar1966 said:

Now the sgp and son is happening this year. Are bt sports still showing it live ?

Give me a reason why they wouldn`t ? they have a contract, people want to watch it and BT have not been able to show any Speedway as of yet in 2020

20 hours ago, Beercellar1966 said:

Now the sgp and son is happening this year. Are bt sports still showing it live ?

The presenters have both been on Twitter indicating they will... but as we all know that's no guarantee

This year's grand Prix from Poland have been.... wow.. loving the format. 2 meets over a weekend... Some outrageous riding... Not so sure on bt"s commentator's kelvins cool.. but the bt pundits.....theyre a bit all over the place.. but  great viewing..

It's only mildly related to TV coverage but this gif needs to be seen by everybody, turn the sound on...

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Big thanks again to R&R for the invaluable information he provides in this thread all season long, it's been the difference between me getting to see much more speedway than I would if it weren't for his kind efforts.

Cheers R&R :t: 

• Like 1

Plymouth gladiators speedway Facebook page is showing the gladiators v British young lions meeting from this September.

FREE OF CHARGE 

Edited by Jonnybegood

Anyone know what speedway Premier Sports will cover in 2021?  Just had an offer of 33% discount for the year.

59 minutes ago, ShyTalk said:

Anyone know what speedway Premier Sports will cover in 2021?  Just had an offer of 33% discount for the year.

Nothing announced as of yet- and probably won`t be until just before Sweden and Poland start. I would wait if i were you, unless they have other content you watch anyway.

On 12/18/2020 at 11:31 AM, ShyTalk said:

Keep your money in your pocket.

This offer is back on...

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/eurosport-player-back-at-ps1999-for-a-year-3680261

I dunno if it's worth a punt? I wonder if Eurosport will live broadcast Speedway on the Player during events like the Tennis and Olympics etc.

Expires 21/03/21

Edited by iainb

I see that Dave Goddard, in his Speedway Star interview this week, has confirmed that Premier Sports will only be showing the Sunday matches from the Ekstraliga in 2021. He talks about the fact that other sports were not operating last year and “so we were able to show everything”.

Dave himself often used the term ‘delayed coverage’ last year when Premier Sports had ‘clashes’ of live fixtures between speedway and another sport. We then had these matches broadcast later - often at an ungodly hour – but at least they were broadcast.

Why then can’t Premier Sports show the Friday matches in this same way in 2021?

I, for one, really wouldn’t mind setting a recording for a Friday night match being broadcast e.g., at 2.00am on the Saturday morning.

Surely, they must have room on the schedules to do this?

After all, over the next 3 days, they have THREE ‘delayed coverage’ showings of the SAME Italian football match!!

Whatever ‘reason’ they might have for not showing all of the matches, it really does demonstrate how low speedway is on Premier Sports' ‘pecking order’.

10 minutes ago, BarracudaAce said:

I see that Dave Goddard, in his Speedway Star interview this week, has confirmed that Premier Sports will only be showing the Sunday matches from the Ekstraliga in 2021. He talks about the fact that other sports were not operating last year and “so we were able to show everything”.

Dave himself often used the term ‘delayed coverage’ last year when Premier Sports had ‘clashes’ of live fixtures between speedway and another sport. We then had these matches broadcast later - often at an ungodly hour – but at least they were broadcast.

Why then can’t Premier Sports show the Friday matches in this same way in 2021?

I, for one, really wouldn’t mind setting a recording for a Friday night match being broadcast e.g., at 2.00am on the Saturday morning.

Surely, they must have room on the schedules to do this?

After all, over the next 3 days, they have THREE ‘delayed coverage’ showings of the SAME Italian football match!!

Whatever ‘reason’ they might have for not showing all of the matches, it really does demonstrate how low speedway is on Premier Sports' ‘pecking order’.

Always has been low on the  pecking order and that’s why I’d never subscribe to them got caught once with them but never again - the reason I won’t subscribe to them is they will even show pre season friendly football ahead of live speedway . Will watch on the internet instead 

Edited by Haza

9 minutes ago, Haza said:

Always has been low on the  pecking order and that’s why I’d never subscribe to them got caught once with them but never again - the reason I won’t subscribe to them is they will even show pre season friendly football ahead of live speedway . Will watch on the internet instead 

Pretty poor excuse from them- especially as they have Freesports in addition to the 2 premier channels. I also got caught by them, so never again !!

10 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Pretty poor excuse from them- especially as they have Freesports in addition to the 2 premier channels. I also got caught by them, so never again !!

Spot-on R & R!!

Sorry to perhaps be going over some old ground, but how do you get fixed up with viewing on the internet? As our resident expert on virtually 'All Things Speedway', I'd be grateful for any advice you have to offer.

I know that I am a bit old-fashioned in that I have a desktop PC, rather than a portable device - but don’t know if that makes any difference.

Do I just need a link to join a TV channel and then receive a log-in password, or is an additional piece of hardware required too? 

Would it be a different set-up to watch on my PC / PC screen than by connecting to the internet via and watching on my Smart TV?

Any advice would be greatly received? If I can get fixed up with an internet channel, I’ll be dropping Premier Sports!!