Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Speedway On Tv And The Internet In 2024

12 hours ago, ArthurRudge said:

So what exactly is the Eurosport schedule for Speedway as I can't for the life of me find it on there website in Speedway section under fixtures?? 

Not sure you can go to far forward as the Monday fixtures on TV seem to regularly change. Certainly Ipswich v Wolves is the live offering next Monday the 28th.

• Thanks 1

On 5/4/2021 at 6:37 PM, Supersub said:

Premier Sports havnt shown live speedway for last 2 weeks. They keep showing repeats or they don’t bother to change titles. Not impressed 

They show live meetings when the are not postponed.Their problem is they don’t change their schedule on TV guide when they are postponed!

I am sure i heard the lady say the next speedway on Eurosport was  Wolves versus Bellevue on the 30th August.

Well i have just found this on (Whereisthematch.com)

Bellevue v Kings Lynn. Monday 23rd August.

13 hours ago, Bluenose said:

I am sure i heard the lady say the next speedway on Eurosport was  Wolves versus Bellevue on the 30th August.

Well i have just found this on (Whereisthematch.com)

Bellevue v Kings Lynn. Monday 23rd August.

TV coverage pulled- not on Eurosport

• Like 1

No live Premiership now on Eurosports for month! Anyone know what’s going on? I paid my subscription in good faith expecting something close to a weekly televised meeting…  

1 hour ago, speedybee said:

No live Premiership now on Eurosports for month! Anyone know what’s going on? I paid my subscription in good faith expecting something close to a weekly televised meeting…  

See the thread on Eurosport on the Premiership section( recent posts) and you will get your answer.

Well I've been generally quiet on the forum for a while (apart from the "odd" thread) and was not up-to-speed with the discussion around the lack of speedway on Eurosport. I went to the schedules this morning to see which of tonight's two matches was being shown. Well you know what I found. I even went to the player thinking Eurosport had done the dirty on us again. Well they haven't done the dirty, they have taken the piss (pardon my language). When I found a complete absence of speedway on tonight I did think there would be match on Thursday. For those who haven't looked, I'll give you one guess.
Surely Peterborough Wolverhampton is an attractive proposition? Or am I missing something?

Link to discussion mentioned by R&R

And in case anyone is thinking I'm armchair fan, I went to Glasgow on Friday to do some more missionary work (:D) supporting my adopted team Leicester (rained off). I was heading back on Saturday to see the return match (rained off). And finally went to Mildenhall yesterday (rained off). I thought that was a well planned weekend. How ironic that the only completed meeting I saw was Edinburgh vs Kent! At least I was able to support Scotty as a Coventry/Leicester graduate .

• Like 1

Thank you once again to @racers and royals for the invaluable information you have provided in this thread and all the others you update with videos, fixtures etc, very much appreciated.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Out of interest. Has anybody kept count on the number of times each Premiership club appeared in this seasons live broadcasts?
It would be interesting to see the data on number of times each team were featured at home, away and thus total. 
 Ideally play offs should be shown separately from the regular season. 

Edited by 1 valve

On 3/25/2017 at 7:14 AM, JohnHyam said:

... It would appear that New Year's Eve coverage for wrestling attracted one million viewers....

With theatres closed for lockdown last year, people needed to get their Xmas Pantomime fix somehow...

On 10/30/2021 at 11:28 AM, 1 valve said:

Out of interest. Has anybody kept count on the number of times each Premiership club appeared in this seasons live broadcasts?
It would be interesting to see the data on number of times each team were featured at home, away and thus total. 
 Ideally play offs should be shown separately from the regular season. 

What i found online. Might have missed one but don,t think so !.

EU.png

Edited by Bluenose

13 hours ago, Bluenose said:

What i found online. Might have missed one but don,t think so !.

EU.png

Great work - well done & thanks

Not really worth a thread of it's own so I'll put it here..

This Saturday at 12pm on Talking Pictures in the 'Look At Life' series - "1961. A look at the sport of speedway racing, a sport which satisfies the modern thirst for speed. Also, with a look at how cross-country riding introduced a new hazard of manmade obstacles."

Less than 10 minutes long so probably not much to see but might be interesting 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BBC Breakfast News this morning featuring Dan Bewley and the TeamGB winners of the SoN.

Could TeamGB be in line for the 'Team of the Year' award on SPOTY tomorrow?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

BBC Breakfast News this morning featuring Dan Bewley and the TeamGB winners of the SoN.

Could TeamGB be in line for the 'Team of the Year' award on SPOTY tomorrow?!

Watched a link on Facebook. A good report I thought.

• Like 1