British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
boroboy25471

Peterborough V Scunthorpe Mdl 'challenge' - 24/03/17

Not got the heat details to give as I've not got the programme on me. Last nights MDL 'challenge' at Peterborough was...

Peterborough 28 Scunthorpe 7

Peterborough

1 Alex Wilson 9 (max)

2 Carl Basford 6+3 (paid max)

3 Kyle Mark Roberts 4+2 (2 paid wins and an e/f)

4 William O'keefe 9 (max)

Scunthorpe

1 Sam Chapman 4

2 Lloyd Ditchburn 1

3 Luke Whitehead 0

4 Sheldon Davies 2

Best Wishes to Luke Whitehead. Luke lifted going towards the first bend in Heat 2 and Kyle Roberts who was on Gate 4 had nowhere to go and couldn't go anywhere but in to Luke. Could have been a lot worse as Kyle read the situation well and shut off the gas as soon as he saw Luke lift out the corner of his eye. But unfortunately Luke hurt his ankle in the crash and took an ambulance ride back to the pits, but to everyone's amazement, came back to the pits and rode in his last ride in Heat 6! But Luke was hobbling around and in some discomfort. Hopefully he'll go and have his ankle looked at today.

Apart from Alex Wilson, the rider who really impressed me and is now knocking on the door for a NL spot somewhere is William O'Keefe. He was flying round and showing a real liking for the track and really come on since the back end of last season. I don't think it will be long before we see him as a regular in the NL this season!

Maybe Nigel Hinchliffe can do the heat details and a little match report here or somewhere else later for all to see, as I've mislaid my programme.

Hopefully the meeting referee (Mick Bates) will put a glowing report in to the SCB about how well the MDL meeting ran and make our case stronger for when they decided on the fate of the MDL on April 4th!! Tony Steele was also in attendance last night, said hopefully he'll report back to the other SCB members on how well it went. We managed to fit in 6 races, including a re run and two 125cc races in 25-30 mins :-) I'd like to thank all riders and their mechanics for being ready to go as soon as each race was finishing. If all MDL meetings ran like this then the SCB wouldn't have a problem with the MDL!

125cc races

Heat 2A

Harry McGurk 1st

Sam McGurk 2nd

Mickie Simpson 3rd

Heat 4A

Harry McGurk 1st

Mickie Simpson 2nd

Sam McGurk 3rd

• Like 1

PETERBOROUGH v SCUNTHORPE (MDL CHALLENGE) - 24 March 2017

Peterborough 28