British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
moomin man 76

World Under 21 Championship 2017 Live On Tv

Sad at seeing Ellis miss out and knowing how much the FIM love British speedway and heir allocated GP qualifying places, I would be suprised if he got a wildcard.

Adam Ellis had a good meeting, his gating was perfect, he dropped a point to Lambert, who passed him in his first ride. Then in his second ride he found too much drive on the 4th turn and lost a further point.

The Russian,Chugunov and the Danish rider, Jackobsen both outscored him. So you cannot blame FIM bias if Adam Ellis doesn't get a wildcard pick.

Edited by MARK246

don`t know what`s happening- there hasn`t been a race for 45 mins

just got going again

Glasgow trackstaff doing the track ?

Finished in Terenzano- 4 on 12 points

Lyager-4th

Woryna-3rd

Krcmar-2nd

Holder- 1st

Fricke and Kaczmarek finished on 11 and Bates on 9

Fricke to get wildcard ??

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

I think Fricke, Jeppesen and Woentin.

Jeppesen and Woentin both just missed out with 5th. No Swedes in yet so that makes Woentin extra favourable for a wildcard.

Kaczmarek with 5th no much chance for a wildcard as there are already 4 Polish riders in.

Hope they give Chugunov a chance though.

Edited by DutchGrasstrack
  • Like 2

I think Fricke, Jeppesen and Woentin.

Jeppesen and Woentin both just missed out with 5th. No Swedes in yet so that makes Woentin extra favourable for a wildcard.

Kaczmarek with 5th no much chance for a wildcard as there are already 4 Polish riders in.

Hope they give Chugunov a chance though.

Patrick Hansen should be on the short list for a WC if his mechanical/? is taken into account, its probable without that he would have had additional points to his Pardubice tally of 10 and thereby have qualified 3rd or at least been in the run off for it.

I'm an Aussie and would love to see Fricke in the Finals, but 1 heat win from 5 completed rides here and he's had every chance under the system to qualify, so he made need luck or perhaps being defending champ may get him a berth. He's a better rider than 11 points in this company suggests and a big surprise to me to see his scorecard.

You may be right on the Swede: even tho this is titled a World Championship, I'm not convinced that having the best 16 U21 riders is the main intention in this process, if it were - why are countries given allocations that are way above that warranted by the form/competiveness of their riders, eg France, Norway, Czech, Sweden. Poland and Denmark warrant their numbers because of strength in depth but this event often seems a benefit for the European countries/riders to me.

Live press conference: https://www.facebook.com/1389402171085612/videos/1873186632707161/

Wildcards:

Patrick Hansen (DK)

Alexander Woentin (SE)

Max Fricke (AU)

With ISGWC wildcards we contacted FIM a few weeks before the quali's and applied for a wild card. The response was that shouldnt you wait for the qualis first. With the U21's they were even faster than last year. #JustSaying

Fricke had to get one. Even if not the reigning champ, the result from his quali was enough.

Please enlighten me on how there's anything good in postponing league matches in any league and how is that good for the discipline?

Mind you many foreigners booked tickets for those postponed meetings.

Or are you just jealous about Polish league being light years ahead of your crappy one?

Thought every so called speedway fan knows how to spell the 3rd rider in the world's surname correctly...

If you want to be pedantic about a typo, than may I add your English grammar from reading your two posts is very poor.

Almost like a teenager wrote it.

It would be 'Or are you just jealous of THE Polish League'.